• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Peter Blood quest as another character.

Pipsin

Landlubber
So for a long while I've felt that the Peter Blood start quest was one of the better start options, (given that its that or a headache... you can see why).

Like several other forum posters I've wondered about running a female character through the start quest, and this last week I decided to do the customisation myself.
Changing the Peter Blood character to another is fairly easy, but I wanted to have the option of using Peter OR another character.

One crash course in how the CoAS files hang together later... and I can run the quest as either Peter Blood, or a new female character which I've based on the Beatrice model for now.
(She's basically a scottish gentlewoman gets arrested during the Argyll uprising portion of the Monmouth rebellion - which results in the bloody assizes of the peter blood storyline...)
(I like things to have that sense of historical accuracy - even if it is fictional accuracy)

I've got everything working reasonably well, although the npc's will occasionally call you "Peter" or "Captain Blood" -- this is next on my fix list.

The HELP I need is a link to the GM Viewer, which I just can't find, but would be so useful to change models
(currently I've had to use guess work - but I have got the player char models changing from estate to prison to quest completion)

I'd also appreciate some advice on how the quest text and responses work, so that I can rewrite the dialogue, or even rewrite the quest within the PBQ framework.

I'm fairly resigned to the fact I'm not going to be able to change the cut scenes in the prison and court... but if that is possible - anyone who thinks they know how - please do post.

Thanks
Pipsin

A couple bits of help.

For the model viewing, gm_viewer is not the program you want to use, use TOOL because of inconsistencies in program use with modern operating systems.
If you are making changes to wireframe models you will need to use 3DS Max or Maya before import.
If you just want to swap hero models that is easy with herodescribe.txt in the resource/texts section.

Regarding quest texts.
The files you are looking for are quest log text and the quest dialogue texts to correct "Peter" or "Blood"
One can be found in program/dialogs, the other in resources/texts/russian.

For movies, you will have to modify and existing location scene (such as a church) to do the court scene, import the characters you want to use, fix their locations in place, and then record. The last step in conversion into a wmv.

All this is not really that hard, but does take time, and their are a lot of little facets you want to change.

A couple bits of help.

For the model viewing, gm_viewer is not the program you want to use, use TOOL because of inconsistencies in program use with modern operating systems.
If you are making changes to wireframe models you will need to use 3DS Max or Maya before import.
If you just want to swap hero models that is easy with herodescribe.txt in the resource/texts section.

Regarding quest texts.
The files you are looking for are quest log text and the quest dialogue texts to correct "Peter" or "Blood"
One can be found in program/dialogs, the other in resources/texts/russian.

For movies, you will have to modify and existing location scene (such as a church) to do the court scene, import the characters you want to use, fix their locations in place, and then record. The last step in conversion into a wmv.

All this is not really that hard, but does take time, and their are a lot of little facets you want to change.

I still cant see texture in TOOLS. I have located the texture folder. AM I have to install POTC first?

I remember a year ago I can see the texture using tools in windows 7, am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Just a hunch, since it is not mentioned in your post. Have you converted the textures to the more simple .tga. You need a tga convertor provided here that changes the .tga.tx into a .tga. Export them into some named exclusive folder, then point the inez diaz tool on that file.

Does that help? or best to not meddle...

Regards

Just a hunch, since it is not mentioned in your post. Have you converted the textures to the more simple .tga. You need a tga convertor provided here that changes the .tga.tx into a .tga. Export them into some named exclusive folder, then point the inez diaz tool on that file.

Does that help? or best to not meddle...

Regards
Oh my God I forget that, thanks for reminding that step.

Back