• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Peter Blood side quest

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Not long ago someone posted somewhere that the old Bart O Port side quest didn't work properly. Well, I finally gotaroundtoit and it mostly works fine.

The only problem area is at Santiago. The first time I landed there I could not find the person to talk to on the waterfront. Starting over from the last save got that fixed. Then I found that the dialog could be updated.

tester 2015-02-10 11-02-17-85.jpg tester 2015-02-10 11-03-42-45.jpg

It's the side quest "Rescue Peter Blood's crew", available in "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and in the free-play scenarios. Bartolomeu o Portugues doesn't exist in the "Tales of a Sea Hawk" time, having been active about a century earlier, so @Bartolomeu o Portugues changed the side quest so that you're helping someone else.

I actually got lost and went to the wrong outskirts on that quest , took me 40 minutes to realize that the outskirt i needed could be acceded from the port :wp

"Aha! A medical kit!" :cheeky

(Quoted from Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, if anyone is familiar with that one. It's got... PUZZLES! :razz )

Should we give the guy a 10 in Defence? That'd make him the best doctor you can get! :cheeky

But he doesn't stay with you indefinitely, does he?

Should we give the guy a 10 in Defence? That'd make him the best doctor you can get! :cheeky

But he doesn't stay with you indefinitely, does he?

I already have a doctor who is a 10 in defense and Peter Blood is a 10-10 at everything, but he has 0 perks.

How about some medical items which he can share with you. Via the exchange items interface.

How about some medical items which he can share with you. Via the exchange items interface.
Before we go too far, we may want to consider what to do with the merging of storylines.
We're hoping to greatly reduce the number and basically put everything for the Free Play(ish) storylines in the Standard folder.
That may mess things up for this purpose, though....

Could he do this automatically when we get low?

There has to be some kind of check when your HP is < something.

Then what? You're given some medicals and a message "the doctor (or Peter Blood)
has provided you with..."

That would be counter productive. The last thing I need is a big cloud of black smoke enveloping me when I'm in the middle of a fight.

Back