• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate and age of sail Desktop Themes, post yours

Red Back Dude

HoO Team Member
Promotion
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Ahoy, I thought it might be an idea to start a thread to share our age of sail desktops (if you have em) because its allways fun to share and there could be some rely awesome ones floating around.

This be mine (with my insane desktop origination)
Pd.jpg

and the image taken myself in PoTC 1680 x 1050
SC Statue.jpg

Ok. I have had many desktops over the years and here are two. The 1st is a Cryengine pic and the 2nd is from GOF2 a year ago when I was just about done building my current computer (I thought).

desktop-1.jpg P8280037.JPG

that 1st one is from hearts of oak in the cryengine aint it ? allso epic PC what went wrong that it was not done haha ?

1. Ayup! I have since deleted all of those because of the move to Unity.

2. I kept upgrading this puter and it hit its peak last January. 5ghz 24/7 and 5.2ghz for benching. Then something started slowly failing. I bought another motherboard and it turns out it is a dog. No more ASUS for me. This one is slow, hot running, and unstable. The MSI board has been sent back for a checkup and will be back in a few days. I really hope that fixes it as if it doesn't it means the CPU is bad.

This is one of my favorites. An English, Dutch, and Spanish ship in port.
at the warf.jpg

O.O that must be a speed machine when its running i like MSI i have the Z77 A G45 Gaming motherboard myself but i dont overclock my rig at all

This one is from a slightly obscure game Two Worlds 2 its very much a cult game because most disregard it as poor mans oblivion which its not.. those including myself that play it love it,

wallpaper-2-Two-Worlds-2-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
It has always been running and is running now, but only at 4.7ghz. The MSI board came in today too. :monkeydance
Overall the new video card makes the biggest difference. It gained 20-30 fps in modern games but loses 15-20 fps in POTC, and GOF2 isn't much better.

To me this screenie almost looks like a painting.
frigates in action.jpg

Theres a thought i know there are programs that can apply a oil painting effect to photos i wonder if it could be done to one of those screen shots.

And thats a bugger on the frame rate loss i know some games particularly older ones can perform like dogs on modern hardware i know one game caled star trek new worlds wont work at all on any graphics card or on any modern motherboard but it will work just fine on windows 7 .. if its with an old motherboard and onbaord graphics only its rely peculiar .

found a converter online .. lots of settings in it and no explanation of what they do but this looks ok

fgtpaint.jpg

Ayup! That's the one. :bow I need to start putting stuff on the external drive so it doesn't get lost in the next housecleaning.

Back