• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Pirate Ralations

carvin95

Landlubber
Hi everyone! My relations with Pirates are horrible... How can I fix this, a was playing first with US and now I want to play with pirates but they, for example, are blocking my way to Pirate Settlement or something like that. HELP!

I think you have to build up your Fame level until the leader of the pirates at Nevis is willing to talk to you.
Then you can join them and they'll turn friendly and everybody else will turn hostile.

as I understand it he can't reach the port because they are attacking him. Try sailing with a pirate flag instead.

Don't forget that you need a bad reputation too. Pirates don't like Heroes.
That is when dealing with pirate shipyards or merchants, but is not relevant at sea. :no

as I understand it he can't reach the port because they are attacking him. Try sailing with a pirate flag instead.
Yup, faking that you're their friend is always an option. Though that gets harder as you become more well-known.

What is his name again?

Isenbrandt Jurcksen or Skull; depends on the storyline.

You need a minimum of 50 fame points to join. This is defined in PROGRAM\globals.c:
Code:
#define PIRATE_REQFAME 50 //min fame to join pirates via talking to Isenbrant Jurcksen
The only thing this does is to make the pirates friendly and everyone else hostile.
Also, you'll be able to purchase pirate design ships from the pirate shipyards.

ok, i changed required fame to 1 in global.c but Isenbrant is still answering me: "I'm busy" Should I start a new game or something?

That shouldn't require a new game, no. Perhaps you really don't have any fame points?

it has this in the dialog file
Code:
if(sti(PChar.nation) == PIRATE)
            {
                dialog.text = "I'm busy.";
            }

I don't know why this is, but if your nation is PIRATE he doesn't want to talk you it seems. My guess it's because of this.
I believe the pirate nation is also set if you raise the pirate flag so if you did that he wont talk to you probally but I'm not 100% sure.
But commenting that piece of code should fix it. It's in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Isenbrandt Jurcksen_dialog.c round row 38 or so.

Does anyone know what this is there?

Btw in the code it seems the pirates wont talk to you when your fame is LOWER than a certain number. Shouldn't it check your rank and for example see if you are (say) above 70 points. if so they wont talk to you because you are to "good"?

Okay, no idea why that code is there .... If someone knows please tell else I'm going to change it because I don't see why the pirate lord wont talk to you when you sail as a pirate. I can understand for other gouvenors.
Same for the reputations. I believe the reputation should be somewhere between 10/15 and 60 to be accepted by pirates, any higher or lower should probally make sure they wont talk to you...

The "join the pirates" code is from BEFORE there was a False Flags mod.
That
Code:
if(sti(PChar.nation) == PIRATE)
line should be replaced with a line that checks if your ActualRMRelation is FRIENDLY to the pirates.
The only reason for having that is because there's no point in joining the pirates if you already ARE a pirate.

This line should behave more sensibly:
Code:
if(GetNationRelation2MainCharacter(PIRATE) != RELATION_ENEMY)

Indeed that should be changed.
Btw what do you say about the reputation pieter?
Btw in the code it seems the pirates wont talk to you when your fame is LOWER than a certain number. Shouldn't it check your rank and for example see if you are (say) above 70 points. if so they wont talk to you because you are to "good"?

Back