• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Piratey forum theme

My problems stem from these old wore out eyeballs and the small texts like "home" "forums" etc. The top line is fine.
Oh, you mean those funny arrow things they call 'breadcrumbs'? Now I get yer meaning. I'll see about making them a bit easier to read. ;)

Thagarr: Yep, I was going to set the normal version to default. I realise the wider version isn't for everyone.

OK gents, Aurora Pirate is now the new default. Enjoy! :dance

Hylie: The best I could do was make the breadcrumb text bold; for some reason the colour wouldn't change for any except the last one. Does it look OK?

That is so much easier on the eyes! Plus it reminds me a lot of what the old forum used to look like, the theme YankeePyrate designed, that one was epic!

That is so much easier on the eyes! Plus it reminds me a lot of what the old forum used to look like, the theme YankeePyrate designed, that one was epic!
How long ago was that? Are there any screenshots?
We might be able to see it using the Wayback Machine, if we're lucky. :read

The color scheme was a bit different, it's been several years now, and I don't remember everything about it. I don't think I have any screen shots, but I did save the main banner image, that's where the PA skull comes from. I looked earlier, but i don't seem to have it on my hard drive at the moment. I do have it on CD somewhere, just gotta dig through the backups.

lol Hylie, I coulda used the help! xD

After 2 days of furious digging, I finally found it!

PA_Header.png

I also ran across a couple of other really old forum graphics, such as some of our original rank icons!

mod.jpg

seaman.gif[

And the original Blind Parrot!

bptop.gif

bpbottom.gif

I also ran across a LOT of old Miss High Seas entries, but I will refrain from posting those as this thread would get out of hand rather quickly! :wp

Wow! That's one very cool banner. :aar

I didn't know we used to have a 'real' Blind Parrot! Was it called Polly? xD

We may be able to use that banner image to extract our old logo from?

Armada, I am not sure if the parrot ever had a name, I think there was another that actually had a bit of animation to it, but I could be mistaken.

Pieter, yeah it is pretty epic, YankeePyrate did a fantastic job! What part do you mean? The center with the skull is already what we use for the front page news stories. Or do you mean incorporating the PA skull with the current forum logo? I tried that before and Keith didn't think it was a good idea. :shrug

Top job Armada, I really like it :onya

With the old header the problem was that when we changed the IPB version the whole forum went out of whack and the guy doing it was not too interested in updating the theme.

Thagarr, awesome mate I thought we had lost the parrot, I really miss him...I should ask Yankee if he still has a copy of it floating around.

Yeah that's it, I remember now, yet another reason to dislike IPB!

I always loved the parrot, I thought he added quite a distinguished look to the forum! It would be great if we could get him back on his perch.

Thanks Keith, glad you like it. :doff

Bringing back the parrot sounds like a good idea, but where do we reckon he should go?

What part do you mean? The center with the skull is already what we use for the front page news stories.
I meant that the logo I used in the past was a low-resolution one and that one looks like a higher resolution version of the same.

Sent ya a PM mate.

Back