• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Plans for Continental Frigate "Confederacy"

Sorry lads, been busy, an not had a chance peruse the forum.

First let me say she looks gorgeous. I am so happy work continues on this ship.

With regard to tree nails, in the first pic I think they be spaced a wee bit too close. There would likely have been two per plank were is crossed a frame. Being a warship her frame would be fairly closely spaced. But it looks as if yee by having between 4 -6 nails per plank per frame.

Regarding her rig. I the upper masts and spars seem a bit spindly ( small in diameter ) for the load they carried. On a ship of this size I would hazard to say her Topsail Yard & Sail would weigh in the neighborhood of 1200 to 1500 lbs.

Other than that Great Job.

Regarding her rig. I the upper masts and spars seem a bit spindly ( small in diameter ) for the load they carried. On a ship of this size I would hazard to say her Topsail Yard & Sail would weigh in the neighborhood of 1200 to 1500 lbs.

so in short terms ,should i just fatten it out from the top masts up ?

so in short terms ,should i just fatten it out from the top masts up ?

Yes. The spars and masts were a lot thicker than I would have expected them to be. If I could figure out to post some pictures, I have several that I took of the Brig Niagra, Bounty and the 50 ton Sloop Friends Good Will.

Greg.

That looks really good sir. If you have any questions at all please let me know. Here is the final sheet however...it may be better to use.

Chuck

http://passaro.stage.thomasnet-navigator.com/Asset/CONFEDERACY%20SHEETONE.pdf

Back