• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Plans for Continental Frigate "Confederacy"

I am the guy who drafted that plan and you posted it before I even completed completed it. Its old and outdated. Any questions about it please let me know.

Chuck Passaro

I am the guy who drafted that plan and you posted it before I even completed completed it. Its old and outdated. Any questions about it please let me know.

Chuck Passaro

Hello Chuck,

What can I say. Just WOW . . WOW. :bow

After you posted this I quickly read through the 91 forum pages about you model. WOW. :bow I plan to go back and read them more closely. The work you put into scratch building a model is just awe inspiring! From the couple pictures I found she looks exquisite. There were only a few pictures in the forum. Can you provide a link to more?

Greg.

Did you register at MSW? Otherwise you won´t see the pics attached to his posts. And there 3 or 4 Confederacies built after Chuck´s plans in the same subforum and they all look very nice, too.

Did you register at MSW? Otherwise you won´t see the pics attached to his posts. And there 3 or 4 Confederacies built after Chuck´s plans in the same subforum and they all look very nice, too.

:facepalm I did this time. WOW!!

I have tried my hand building a model ship from a kit. Years ago I started building La Toulannaise from a Corel Kit. I had wanted to build their Rattlesnake kit, but let my self get talked into La Toulannaise. Lesson learned: build something you love, you will have a much better chance of finishing it.

Greg.

here's a lil somethin ive been workin on lately

[attachment=5669:pic1.jpg]

i woder if there is any print of her rig

here's a lil somethin ive been workin on lately
i woder if there is any print of her rig

I have a print from the Smithsonian of the Contintial Frigate Randolph. It includes a sail plan. They were built with in a year or so of each other. Most times the individual yard or ship's captain defined the specifics of the rig.

Let me know, I can see about getting them scanned. The plans are drawn 1/48. The sailplan is an approximation by Chappelle.

Greg.

is it me or did i overdo it with the number of nail's ??
snap.jpg

If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening
And all day longggg

it's quite possible that they had that many nails, but you wouldn't be able to see them; they'd be tarred and painted over.

huh. i thought it was painted orange. i have to say it reminds me more of a boiler than a hull right now though.

nope im using 2009 ,and time for a small update ,the confederacy recived a rigging ( i hope its abaut the right size )
rigging.jpg

still need to model some small details and uv map them for ao map baking
AO_render.jpg

all the nonwhite stuff still needs to be uv mapped

Back