• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

Does anyone know why are enemy ships surrendering so often? I fire cannons on them 2 times and they surrender immediately. My guess is that it's something related to the engine itself, but it would be easier for me if someone from NH team could tell me which file in PROGRAM is responsible for enemy ships surrender?

I'm also trying to figure out why these double flags appear. It seems like it isn't like that in original NH.

DPgT7Ny.png

Can someone confirm is this ship available in original NH mod, since I'm having some ships without textures and I'm trying to figure out why. This one is named as Heavy Battleship.

Za1D89X.png

Can someone confirm is this ship available in original NH mod, since I'm having some ships without textures and I'm trying to figure out why. This one is named as Heavy Battleship.

Za1D89X.png
I belive thats not from NH, looks like they are from the stock game

I've experienced this myself with the storm-devs engine. If I remember correctly, the issue is that POTC looked for the hull textures in "Textures\Ships" instead of just "Textures".

So the "correct" fix would be to change the model's texture paths from (ex.) "bortoutbrig1.tga" to "ships\bortoutbrig1.tga". I instead fixed it by modifying the engine to look under "ships" if the texture was not found.

Hope this helps

I think the last ship is the vanilla "Fearless"

About the energy: I think it should be possible to enable the whole advanced combat system in Maelstrom NH. I already managed to edit the animation files so it works. If you want, I can provide them to you @Mirsaneli

Oh, and did you include the working ship lanterns?

I think the last ship is the vanilla "Fearless"

About the energy: I think it should be possible to enable the whole advanced combat system in Maelstrom NH. I already managed to edit the animation files so it works. If you want, I can provide them to you @Mirsaneli

Oh, and did you include the working ship lanterns?

Hey, nice to see you back. We made it pretty far since our last attempt. @ChezJfrey has helped me a lot and he ported NH to 2021 build. I managed to update it to the 5th July build. Grab the files from here and start modding (I hope you still have your Maelstrom engine) :D

PROGRAM folder: 16.39 MB file on MEGA
RESOURCE: 6.45 GB file on MEGA

About the flags, might be engine related, no? also I fixed the characters walking speed

Nice! Can you upload it here?
It might be engine related, cause Maelstrom handles some things differently, so it is possible. I will see with Jeffrey about that.

I'm pretty sure NH has both pennant and flag locators on the masts (not sure why it was necessary but ..) - the newer engine obviously can handle both so you get them both,

Your question about ship surrender - it is in AIship in SEA_AI

I have made some tweaks to the sea colors. I think it looks more real like this. Any thoughts on this?

I have made some tweaks to the sea colors. I think it looks more real like this. Any thoughts on this?

Looks excellent! I think this colour is more similar to TEHO and COAS as well?

Back