• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

I succeeded in making battle mode (portrait photo blinking red) just like in New Horizons. It was like COAS with sa small white dot that blinks red. I tricked the game with a different AlarmBack.tga.tx image that I made in photoshop. Tweaked the timer a bit, and I think it looks pretty decent.

16.1 KB file on MEGA
You manage to get the SFX workin? Awesome!

I have some random game freezes on location changes, you have that too, @Mirsaneli ?
It just keeps playing music but stays at a black screen

Yes, I have that also, but only when switching from Sea to Worldmap. It's either MAXIMUS.Functions.c or CCDirectSail.c. I'm trying to figure it out, @ChezJfrey is helping me with that.

I meant for the sfx working, but spyglass is acting weird too

I made some changes, but not very big ones. I have removed over 1800 obsolete files, it makes the PROGRAM folder cleaner. Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck now because I don't have the knowledge to fix the spyglass and worldmap encounters. Also ship pictures need to be fixed, for that purpose I made a tga.tx file named shipsall.tga.tx where I have put all ships portrait pictures. But now they need to be defined with the right selpic and picnum commands in Battleinterface.c. The problem is that it's all a bit confusing since I don't know where it reads them from and how it's linked...

Fixes: 12.07.2021.
18.86 MB file on MEGA

I made some changes, but not very big ones. I have removed over 1800 obsolete files, it makes the PROGRAM folder cleaner. Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck now because I don't have the knowledge to fix the spyglass and worldmap encounters. Also ship pictures need to be fixed, for that purpose I made a tga.tx file named shipsall.tga.tx where I have put all ships portrait pictures. But now they need to be defined with the right selpic and picnum commands in Battleinterface.c. The problem is that it's all a bit confusing since I don't know where it reads them from and how it's linked...

Fixes: 12.07.2021.
18.86 MB file on MEGA
Im having a crash right at start

upload_2021-7-12_19-9-56.png

Im having a crash right at start

View attachment 39036

That is weird. I just tested it one more time and it doesn't report errors. All storylines start without issues. You can do this: delete completely your PROGRAM folder and in RESOURCE delete INI folder and replace with the ones that I provided in the .rar file. Let me know after that.

If you see on my log I just posted the issue might be: E:\VSProjects\Maelstrom\DirectX9_2019_64bit\START\sources\s_stack.cpp line 50. I have no such file or directory for that. And I did what you said and it prompted out the same thing

That is weird. I just tested it one more time and it doesn't report errors. All storylines start without issues. You can do this: delete completely your PROGRAM folder and in RESOURCE delete INI folder and replace with the ones that I provided in the .rar file. Let me know after that.

Can confirm, I get no issues with your files. I downloaded that last link, created an empty Program folder and inserted just your files. Game launches fine, with no problems, and I can start a brand new Tales of Seahawk game, save the game and reload that save, all with no issues.

If you see on my log I just posted the issue might be: E:\VSProjects\Maelstrom\DirectX9_2019_64bit\START\sources\s_stack.cpp line 50. I have no such file or directory for that. And I did what you said and it prompted out the same thing

You need to make sure that you are using the latest version of Maelstrom Engine. I only work with the latest. Also I use DirectX9 64 bit. As you can see, it's also working for Jeffrey.

Stormy weather - I pay very much attention to the details. This is the best I could do it.

I do have the engine, just dont know if its the latest, bought the engine and dont know how to update those, sorry for being soo noob xD

Using your program and resource files I am still unable to launch the game. This is true for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions., though with seemingly different errors?

Attachments

• 32-bit_system.log
    10.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 64-bit_system.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 123
Using your program and resource files I am still unable to launch the game. This is true for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions., though with seemingly different errors?

Looking into the .log files, seems like you haven't put the modules folder into the game directory.

uHH327l.png

This is how your installation folder should look like.
Just in case that you have set up everything right, replace the start.ini file with this one:

Attachments

• start.ini
    2.6 KB · Views: 116
That did it. Much obliged, @Mirsaneli !

Edit: It launches now, but crashes at the main load screen. It seems to be looking for particular files which seem to be missing? I'll try re-installing and see where that gets me.

Attachments

• system.log
    699 bytes · Views: 114
That did it. Much obliged, @Mirsaneli !

Edit: It launches now, but crashes at the main load screen. It seems to be looking for particular files which seem to be missing? I'll try re-installing and see where that gets me.

It will work, don't worry. Just do it one by one. Download and extract this RESOURCE folder in your main directory. Then download the PROGRAM.rar and extract it. That .rar also contains some RESOURCE files that I haven't put into the main RESOURCE folder because I would have to reupload the whole folder just because of a few files.

RESOURCE: 6.45 GB file on MEGA
PROGRAM: 18.86 MB file on MEGA

Back