• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

A small update...
World Map encounters now show other nations correctly, but still generate encounters with Britain mostly, though with other nations as well, but too much Britain for some reason.

In the process of updating, I must've messed up something cause now you cannot delete the profile in Load menu, when you press delete it will give CDT with some log file that I cannot find. It used to work, I remember, but I will get back to that later. You can always delete by manualy deleting the Profile folder in SAVE folder.

19.2 MB file on MEGA

uHH327l.png
What's a "._lc" file?

@Mirsaneli Still trying to download that resource file, but Mega keeps wanting me to pay them... It's on a 5 hr cooldown right now, but once I actually manage to get it downloaded I'll let you know how it goes.

@Mirsaneli OK, I managed to download your files. Now the game CTDs immediately without any errors in the log it would seem.

Attachments

• system.log
    500 bytes · Views: 115
Yep, attached.

As I suspected, you have put the files together with Pirates of the Caribbean installation. Those files cannot be mixed because original New Horizons mod runs with Storm engine 2.0 (ENGINE.exe) in your folder. This is what you can do, download New Horizons for Maelstrom engine from this link New Horizons by ChezJfrey (you have all the files there, then just copy/paste the files from your Maelstrom Engine that you bought on itch.io). Remember, the files that you need are: modules (folder), Config.exe, fmod.dll, Maelstrom.exe, Maelstrom.exe._lc. I prefer DirectX9 64 bit.

Maybe the sail locators have got messed up somehow.
The flags are wrong as well....ones blowing forward & the other is blowing side ways.

Where should I look for that? I suppose it's not in PROGRAM folder but rather in RESOURCE?

Where should I look for that? I suppose it's not in PROGRAM folder but rather in RESOURCE?
Tell you the truth I can't remember & I have no access to the game atm. Best asking one of the ship modellers , Pieter or TNP. for help file wise.

Sail locators are inside the GM model files.
But I can't think of any reason why those would've been touched by the Maelstrom engine conversion.
They also do not control the direction the flags fly in the wind.
So I'm not sure if this can be solved by anyone other than @ChezJfrey... :unsure

Sail locators are inside the GM model files.
But I can't think of any reason why those would've been touched by the Maelstrom engine conversion.
They also do not control the direction the flags fly in the wind.
So I'm not sure if this can be solved by anyone other than @ChezJfrey... :unsure

I will have a look into the gm files just in case. Maybe something is missing.

Back