• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

Sail locators are inside the GM model files.
But I can't think of any reason why those would've been touched by the Maelstrom engine conversion.
They also do not control the direction the flags fly in the wind.
So I'm not sure if this can be solved by anyone other than @ChezJfrey... :unsure
We had a problem a long time back with the flags getting all distorted, can you remember Pieter? I don't know what caused it or how it was resolved but this problem now could be something similar.

We had a problem a long time back with the flags getting all distorted, can you remember Pieter? I don't know what caused it or how it was resolved but this problem now could be something similar.

I think that problem was related to flag/pennant mod which was based on hacking the hex or dll files. Jeffrey fixed that for Maelstrom. I think I might be missing some .gm files...

It looks normal when moving against the wind o_O

EHIv1Ay.png

[Update: 15.07.2021] 9.41 MB file on MEGA

@danitim1 @Pillat
@ChezJfrey fixed world map encounters and CDTs that occured when switching from 3D sailing to World Map. Now you definitely don't encounter just British ships, but all. He also fixed the infinite Battleinterface log errors, so for now no errors at all, and running build 14 from 6th July 2021. My next goal is to fix telescope, and the mod is 90% ready for distribution on Maelstrom.

Last edited:
My Transfer Goods Interface is still pitch black :( I think my Maelstrom-Engine didnt update right last time. Need to check it soon.

My Transfer Goods Interface is still pitch black :( I think my Maelstrom-Engine didnt update right last time. Need to check it soon.

It should work 100%. The only thing that is now not working for some reason is sword fight, but we are working on it. I learned that modding can be two steps forward, one step backwards :D

Hmmm, this is strange. It didn't use to happen with this ship.

21ZxjwV.png
Yes that is what was happening ages ago. Try another ship in the same location & I'll try find the thread related to that problem if it's not been lost.

Wdym sword fight? I figured that pretty much out, so if you need help, this is one of the rare occasions where I could probably be helpful

@Pillat It's working. Actually I was missing some ani files since I'm cleaning RESOURCE folder from obsolete files. Some files are needed beacause Maelstrom uses COAS fighting mechanics. :)

Wdym sword fight? I figured that pretty much out, so if you need help, this is one of the rare occasions where I could probably be helpful

What you could do is: edit the Lai_fightparam.c and revert it backt to stock NH. By that I mean removing the A/D side strafes that exist only in COAS. We don't have proper animations for that and since the AI doesn't use it, I think it's just an unneccesary advantage over the AI. Try to make S button to walk backwards rather than strafe backwards.

What you could do is: edit the Lai_fightparam.c and revert it backt to stock NH. By that I mean removing the A/D side strafes that exist only in COAS. We don't have proper animations for that and since the AI doesn't use it, I think it's just an unneccesary advantage over the AI. Try to make S button to walk backwards rather than strafe backwards.
We have the CoAS man animation.

I'm not sure that it will work for all New Horizons characters?
It does but they have to be bound to the COAS skeleton in Maya. I made a POTC skeleton blind pose export file for tool instead of exporting in the raised arms pose, (saves a lot of time). Unfortunately we don't at present have the COAS woman file for Maya, I have recently requested the full set of animation files from Seaward.

Last edited:
As I suspected, you have put the files together with Pirates of the Caribbean installation. Those files cannot be mixed because original New Horizons mod runs with Storm engine 2.0 (ENGINE.exe) in your folder. This is what you can do, download New Horizons for Maelstrom engine from this link New Horizons by ChezJfrey (you have all the files there, then just copy/paste the files from your Maelstrom Engine that you bought on itch.io). Remember, the files that you need are: modules (folder), Config.exe, fmod.dll, Maelstrom.exe, Maelstrom.exe._lc. I prefer DirectX9 64 bit.

I actually tried it both with the shortcut and with the files directly in the folder, but never had success. I downloaded ChezJfrey's version and it seems to be working so far. Should I apply the fixes you uploaded to this version as well?

Thanks for the assistance BTW!

I actually tried it both with the shortcut and with the files directly in the folder, but never had success. I downloaded ChezJfrey's version and it seems to be working so far. Should I apply the fixes you uploaded to this version as well?

Thanks for the assistance BTW!

Don't worry, we are uploading everything to google drive. It will be an easy installation.

Back