• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC, Build 14, and Vista?

Malderiere

Landlubber
Alright, so before I will get POTC and the Build 14 mod, I want to know if you guys think it should work.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit with and AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 5000+ with 2.6GHz. I got me a ATI Radeon HD 5670 video card. I remember playing this game a couple of years ago from the library and loved it.

Thanks for your times.

Ahoy Mald, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Your hardware shouldn't have a problem running it at all. Just be sure to install the game outside of the default C:\Program Files\ directory, install it to C:\games\ or something.

:gday

I was using Vista when i first installed POTC build 14. The biggest problem is getting around the security programs. So like Thagarr says, install it outside of program files. I also had to make a DEP exception for it.

Other than that, follow the installation instruction carefully and DO NOT install ENB or Swiftshader.:onya

I forgot about the DEP, thanks mate! :dance

Unfortunately Mald, there is no way to buy the game digitally at the moment. Your best bet is either Ebay, or NWS Online Gaming Store!

Try looking on amazon Mald:

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Pc/dp/B00009YUGP/ref=sr_1_16?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1311456254&sr=1-16

I picked up my copy from there a few years back. And welcome to the experience :sail

Maybe, I found a good deal on Ebay though, it and 3 other games for 13 bucks plus $3 S&H. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back