• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC - New Horizon Mod Location

Cpt.Blackbeer

Landlubber
Hello everyone, I just made a quick account because I can't download the New Horizon mod from ANYWHERE, moddb is down, so I went to gamefront and whenever I tried and download the mod it game me "Error not found". I even tried it on on Mozilla and pathetically IE.
I apologize if I might have posted this in the wrong section.
And thanks in advance

EDIT: Nvm, i was downloading a WAY! older version of this, found the new one, build 14, 2.1 full then 2.3 light correct? Anyways, this thread can be marked for deletion (if you guys do that)

Correct, Build 14 Beta 2.3 Light is the latest version. Which link did you find the mods from, in case others have this problem?

It is not a hardware issue. :woot What is your definition of white water? Sometimes the water can get a white look to it. It should normally look like the first screenie, but can sometimes get white parts or reflections to it. This is most noticeable at 10X speed.
Apostol Felipe-3.jpgArmadas Hoy.jpg

It is not a hardware issue. :woot What is your definition of white water? Sometimes the water can get a white look to it. It should normally look like the first screenie, but can sometimes get white parts or reflections to it. This is most noticeable at 10X speed.
View attachment 9793View attachment 9794
Hmm, hard to explain so here's a screeshot lol.
also unless i did something wrong? should by graphics look like that? because the screenshots of the mod look a HECK of a lot better. I did not see any option to change my video settings apart from brightness and gamma
http://i.imgur.com/aNoy1.png

WOW! :8q I have never seen water like that before. It is just pure white. Unless someone else has a better idea methinks you got a corrupted install. Start over and play the stock POTC to see what it looks like. Then install build 14 beta 2.1 and play it to see what it looks like. Then install beta 2.3 lite. You might need to download them again.

About the graphics, in your nvidia control panel you can set up a profile for POTC. Use CossacksII. Don't ask me why it works, but it does. :shrug POTC is a DX8 game and you need to run everything all the way up to max, especially AA and AF. The framerate is capped at 60 fps unless you run in windowed mode. Basically run all settings as high as you can without letting the minimum fps get below 25 or so. It can when you get many large ships togther in one large battle, but early on you should be getting around 60 fps at all times.

Well, I managed to set the resolution a bit higher in the config, I doubt that's all there is to it though. Also how exactly would I set up a profile for POTC? I'm in the nVidia Control Panel but I have no idea how to use it lol.

As for the white water. yeah, that's one thing apart from many that I didn't list, I don't have certain buttons where they should be, the Map is way too tiny, and I keep exiting the game when I try to leave a menu, like the only way I can go back is to hit ESC but that quit's the game :mad:. I think it maybe because I pirated the game, it was the only way I could obtain it since NO ONE sells it anymore, ANYWHERE!!! :(.

Also I REALLY wanted to use this smiley :ship

Ahh. No wonder you have so many problems. Read the FAQ. POTC is currently for sale at Amazon and Ebay.

Also, you should read the stuff in the build mod installer. In your POTC folder you will find a file called "engine.ini". Open it and you will be able to set your screen resolution and enable error logging. engine.ini error logging.jpg

I am now using an ATI video card and am not sure about this but, in 3d settings there is global settings and application settings. Go there to dial in your video card. Look for Cossacks II.

AHHHH ok, makes sense, and yeah it's no on amazon, it's only being sold from 2 places for $32, that's way to expensive for a game from 2003. haven't checked ebay yet, plus I figured if I won't like it or it won't work then I would lose out on anything.

mate, it's not for pirating, I'm having the same issue on my new i7 with gtx560 and with the pirated game but i reinstalled and played stock game with no issue so i guess is for the graphic enhancement of 2.3(not 2.1) that clearly says "the sea would not look the same" so be carefull, installing 2.1 now, lets see

:shipreally cool smile I wish messenger stayed alive nowadays fu..ing skype..but i assume is better

by the way, perfect performance on 2.1 with the enhanced graphics installed trying with 2.3

all working fine on 2.3, watch your game, its not for pirating it.

Back