• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC on xbox?

TommyM

Sovereign of Death
Storm Modder
Iv noticed on ebay that there is a Pirates of the Caribbean 2003 game for xbox.

So:
POTC is out on xbox aswell?
Is there a buildmod for it?

Yes, the original game was available for PC and Xbox.
There isn't a dedicated mod for it as far as I know, but we did hear from one member that was able to get the Build Mod working on it some time ago.
I have no idea how he managed it, and no-one else has done so since. :shrug

There have been a few people try it over the years, but I think the best they have ever managed to achieve has been quite buggy and unstable. The Xbox does have to be modded as well I believe for this to work.

Judging from the last attempt that I know of, the Xbox hardware is the limiting factor. That's also one reason game companies push consoles, most aren't all that receptive to modding groups like ours. You might also have a look at THIS thread.

Actually, I've been able to get my own "build" to work on the X-Box. :) My "build" is based on the English-language European version of the stock game and not any particular Build Mod version. However, my game does contain code from the Build Mod, and the Build Mod contains code from my game. My game is not finished yet, but just to try I transferred it in its current form to my X-Box to see if it worked, and it does require a modded X-Box. When I finish it I will transfer its finished state to my X-Box as well.

As for the Build Mod itself running on the X-Box, I don't think it will work in its current form. The console's hardware just isn't powerful enough, as Thagarr mentioned. Build 12.1 might be able to work, however.

The X-Box 360 is able to play some original X-Box games, but as I've understood it, performance won't be as good and thus it is better to play those games on an original X-Box. Pirates of the Caribbean isn't officially compatible, but a modded 360 might be able to play original X-Box games that aren't officially compatible. I might try that sometime. If it works, the 360 is probably powerful enough to be able to play Build 14.

Baste, do you happen to know exactly what you had to change in the part of the code from the Build Mod mate? Or maybe if you told us what part you included, might help in tracking down exactly what the problem is. I think the main thing is memory, but it might have some video related problems as well. If we could actually get it working, that would be a nice feather in our cap.

By the way mate, in case no one has mentioned it to you, you have an open invitation to join our Hearts of Oak development team if you think it is a project that might interest you. We could sure use your knowledge and skill, that is of course, if your not to busy with other things at the moment.

The code from the Build Mod that I included consisted of various bug fixes and improvements. When I'm finished with my game I'll try getting the Build Mod to work, starting with version 12.1 since that is the latest version most likely to work on the X-Box. I think it's a combination of the CPU, GPU, and RAM, but I will see what happens when I test it.

Thanks for the invitation, Thagarr. Unfortunately, I am indeed busy with other things at the moment, but once I am finished, I do intend to help further with the Build Mod and the Hearts of Oak project. :)

No worries mate, I figured you were probably occupied with other things, just thought I would mention it. It will of course be a long term project, so you will have plenty of time. In the meantime, please feel free to stop by the Brainstorming forum occasionally, your input would definitely be welcome, and we might even give you an idea or two for your own projects as well. :cool:

Back