• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC Stock Game 2020 Settings Help

@The Nameless Pirate @Cerez

The easiest to understand and free Software is actually AntiMicro :
AntiMicro

I created 2 50% working Profiles for PS4 and Xbox360 Controller (See .zip Files)
Just open AntiMicro, connect a Controller of choice and open a suitable Profile for your Controller.

I need technical help to switch from normal walking mode to sailing mode.
For example, we cannot replace the key assignment in the game with the command moving the mouse to the left (>o<)
Otherwise everything would probably work (T^T)

Attachments

• PS4_Gamepad.joystick.amgp.zip
    897 bytes · Views: 275
  • XBOX_360_Gamepad.gamecontroller.amgp.zip
    928 bytes · Views: 289
Nice work, and thanks for sharing your solution and the profiles with the community here. :)

I need technical help to switch from normal walking mode to sailing mode.
For example, we cannot replace the key assignment in the game with the command moving the mouse to the left (>o<)
Otherwise everything would probably work (T^T)
Is there a keyboard alternative for that mouse movement to the left? Use that instead to bind the action.

If my suggestion doesn't make sense in the context of what you are trying to accomplish, you may wish to elaborate, as I'm not sure what the exact situation/problem is. The movement keys for both land and sea are the same by default in the game.

In Stock POTC Game (Not New Horizons), locomotion is on land the left mouse button, but at sea is the locomotion button W (Set Sail) and the left mouse button is at Sea Zoom+
I wanted to copy the exact same controls as on the xbox (;^^)

I think we would have to change something in init_pc.c
but unfortunately I have no idea how to do this (not yet)

I will test a lot, but it will probably mean that I have to change a lot of the PC keys, and it becomes necessary/recommend to play with a Controller (Since the pc keys will all be different than usual)

I will do my best(^.^)7

This is just a wild guess, and may not work, but you could try backing up your "init_pc.c" and "controls.c" files on NH and copying the ones from the stock POTC game there in their place. If the functions have not been modified, it should work as expected to give you back the stock controls scheme.

The only problem with that is that the NH game relies on a lot more bindings/controls than the default game (the controls have been expanded from the default game's set) -- so I think you will be missing quite a few essential controls for NH if you choose to do this.

I've attached the default POTC files for your use/reference.

My questions is why not use the existing NH controls to simulate the original Xbox controls layout with your binding? You shouldn't be changing the game's internal default controls, you should be changing your bindings for the gamepad to accomodate what you want it to do. Although that awkward click-to-move behaviour is something that I think you'll only be able to accurately replicate by modifying NH's files to match the stock POTC's in those particular control environments.

The reason everyone moved away from those default POTC controls is that they were unconventional and clunky -- few people found it practical. The rest of the Sea Dogs games use a setup similar to NH, with the exception of Sea Dogs 1 (in which the character movement is slightly different, using old-school controls).

Edit:

Also an additional thought -- why not simply bind the "W" key as your click-to-move button on the gamepad? Wouldn't that produce the same result?

Attachments

• potc-defaults.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
I haven't installed NH yet, thanks for the Files.
Then you have these files. You can grab them from your POTC "Program/Controls/" folder.

Also, before you muck around with these in-built controls, keep in mind that you can set custom controls in the in-game menu, and it allows for different controls for land and sea. (At least it does in Caribbean Tales -- I'm pretty sure it does in NH, too.)

So between customising your controls in the in-game settings menu and binding them to your gamepad buttons through AntiMicro, you should be able to accomplish what you are aiming for -- for the most part, if not all.

But NH is a very different game to stock POTC -- keep that in mind. It's closer to the later games in the Sea Dogs series than to stock POTC.

Also, before you muck around with these in-built controls, keep in mind that you can set custom controls in the in-game menu, and it allows for different controls for land and sea. (At least it does in Caribbean Tales -- I'm pretty sure it does in NH, too.)
Yep, same is true for PotC.

Update :bird:\(^.^)/

I decided to create controller profile's for POTC Stock and POTC New Horizons,

I apologize to the Xbox 360 Controller users, in the future I will only concentrate on the PS4 controller :whipa

be warned it will take me a long time to finish:type1

The actually Profile for PS4 Controller (Notice: it is not Perfect it is still WIP [Work In Process] and not Perfect):

Attachments

• test03_Shisizuwa.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 223
Back