• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC Stock Game 2020 Settings Help

Shisizuwa

Landlubber
Arrrr, and Hello Pirates,

Ich have the German Version of POTC, and want to play the firsttime the Stock Game Version, but have some Prolems.
I Installed the Stock Game and tested the 13 and 14 Build of the New Horizons ENGINE.exe and followed the Guide but the animations are slowly and the Textures don't load complete:
2020-05-22 19-18-51.mp4

Can Someone Please explain the Settings for Windwos 10 and this Hardware ?:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Graphiccard: MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition

RAM: 32 GB, 2133

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Hello!
You´ll have no fun with the stock game after a short time, cause it is bugged and you´ll not able to finish the story, there are some plot stoppers built in.

I really recommend to play the 14.4 build of New Horizons, cause here you can play the original game without problems but in the real Caribbean Sea. So you will have more options, for example including real sailing in "battle mode" instead of using the big map, and a much longer time to play as well, if you want so. Also you will find a lot of other campaigns related to other parts of the series or to real pirates of their time. Do yourself a favor and install build 1.4 with the fixes mad in March 2020, wich you will find here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:24th March 2020]
Edit: If you´ll find an error after installing the 2020 patch - the original build is a stable version, the patch only fixes some minor issues.

With this mod in my opinion this old game is still the best part of this series. And I have to admit, I love them all, and play them all. :)

Last edited:
@Carl
Thanks, i know that, but i still want to play firsttime the Stock Game Version, and later New Horizons.

In New Horizons the Story Mode of Nathaniel Hawk, are so much new things and changes.

You know Settings for the Stock Game and my Hardware?

@Shisizuwa,
You easily can adust the settings of the stock game with the included config.exe. This is, what can be done. But like I said before: The game will not work like expected, you won´t be able to finish the main quest.

And aside from that, New Horizons includes a lot of fixes. If you don´t mind to play this game in German language (and I am German and play the English version), then the New Horizon mod is for you. There you easily can finish the original storyline, only you will have different names for the islands, as you will have the original names then. Just believe me and kick the stock game, it´s not worth to ruin your fun with Pirates Of The Caribbean.
Edit: I say this, cause PotC is much easier than Sea Dogs TEHO but you need to invest hours about hours to play the main storyline. And to get stuck after 60 hours or more is simply horrible...

And cause I have problems with the latest fixes file available here, I recommend to play the 14.4 as it is on Mod.db.

Last edited:
@The Nameless Pirate

Thank you very much, now Nathaniel Hawk move like on my old XBOX, only the Textures now don't load correctly, is there an solution too ?

I am currently comparing the XBOX and PC Version to find errors.

upload_2020-5-22_21-57-33.png
upload_2020-5-22_22-0-59.png

Just a note though.
It seems you are running the game on the lowest texture setting.
If I where you I would open config.exe and set them to high, your rig can definitely handle it.

Unless they are on high and it is just my imagination, so then you can ignore this if that's the case.

@The Nameless Pirate

I found the Problem, the graphiccard had automatically set the resolution to 4k but the Config.exe had still the main Settings hehehe

now the last thing is, i love to play with Controller but don"t want to buy xpadder, is there another way to use a Xbox360 or PS4 Controller for the Game ?
upload_2020-5-22_22-22-1.png
upload_2020-5-22_22-23-29.png

No, it wasn't something specific to PotC anyway.

In any case, it should work with an Xbox 360 controller.
And there are tips on their website.

Yep, JoyToKey works with an Xbox 360 gamepad. It allows you to map keyboard controls to gamepad buttons and joysticks.

I think you'll need to get your Xbox 360 gamepad hooked up to your Windows PC though, first. Which means you'll need to install the Windows driver for it from the Microsoft website.

Have a browse through the FAQ -- that's probably your best start:
Archive List for FAQ | JoyToKey

Edit:

It is shareware though, so you will need to purchase a license to keep using it -- but it's not very expensive: $7 USD.

JoyToKey - Purchase

Last edited:
@All

It is so nice to see that there is still a forum that really helps.
In many other forums, many members simply answer something that has not been asked, which I do not want, and completely ignores the actual question.

I thank everyone who is so nice and helpful \(^o^)/

thank you so much Piratesahoy! Team and all other Pirates ! arrrrr!

Back