• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem involving Saves.

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello all I am seriously angry since first whenever I tried to run Potc it would never run it would only show a black screen and a gold coin and do nothing. I restarted my pc 2 times in hopes of getting it to work then finnally
I get to the main page and when I clicked load it said something about a problem loading and Default options would be used. Then it deleted all the saves I had. :mad: I did play with the advanced options like Auto loot, Chance of Ships Surrender, Powder, could that have caused it? I know theres no way to get my saves back but i would really like to try and find out why it happend. Any help would be much apreciated.

:ahoy

You have an unusual problem. Or more probably, problems.

First , it seems that you have POTC installed and running, and then some time later the problems appeared. That is good news and bad news. It is good in that it is not a hardware problem, but bad in that POTC needs to be defragged often or it will start getting errors. I am guilty of not defragging my PC often enough and getting errors.

About the saves, they are probably not deleted. Please open your POTC folder and then open the SAVE folder. Then click on whatever storyline you are playing. Your saves should be there.

About the options, in your POTC folder delete the options file. When you start POTC a new one will be created and then you will need to reset all of your options. Hopefully that will get you playing again.

When options mess up, you can also try removing the "options" file from your main game folder.
That resets everything to default and sometimes clears weird stuff.

Back