• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Problem to start new game Build 14 2.1 full

Ninogniew

Landlubber
Hi there,
Recently i downloaded your mod from modbb it was build 14 2.1 full. I installed it and try to play it was all going well, intro menu but when i was trying to start new game i saw only loading screen with flipping coin and then BUM i have CTD. I try every step from FAQ but i doesn't help.

System
Code:
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
Initializing DirectX 8
Techniques: 9 shaders compiled.
Techniques: 180 techniques compiled.
Techniques: compiled by 93796460 ticks.
BeginScene
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value

Compile and system logs are attached. Please i want so badly to play this great mod but i don't now what to do.

Sorry for my bad english I'm writning this in great misery.

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 58
  • system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 61
:ahoy

What kind of computer are you using? Does it have a video card or is it using Intel Graphics?

Where is POTC installed?

I installed New Horizons on my second computer and there it works perfect.
You can change this topic to solved and closed probably my laptop is using intel graphics and that's why it crashes. I was too stupid and too excited to think about it when I installed the game. Thanks for quick response. You guys are amazing.

Ahoy mate, I'm glad you've got the mod working now. Have fun! :onya

As it happens, we now have someone working on a potential fix for Intel Graphics crashes and general game stability improvements,
so give it a few weeks and you might be able to install it on your laptop again. ;)

hey,
have the same Problem. My Laptop has an Intel Graphic Card, so I installed it on my second PC with a AMD Graphic Card but still a black screen. Can someone help me?

Yep i did.. I installed it in C:\Games\... PotC without the mod works but with the mod i just get a black screen..

Ok, a problem I had with an ATI video card was that in config.exe I had to set the screen resolution to 32bit before it would work. That might help you.

Ok, it is possible that you still need to create a Data Execution Prevention Exception.

In your control panel click on "system" --->"system protection"--->"advanced"--->"performance"--->"Data Execution Prevention".
If the second button is hilited, then click "add" and then browse to POTC ---> engine.exe. Click that and POTC should be free to run from then on.

Back