• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Problem with treasure quest and flags

A.H

Privateer
Has anyone run by Barbados treasure map which points on lighthouse area of map? (north east barbados)
Describtion of treasure quest says "near jungle with sign and 2 roads" .. i spent 2 days going all around and couldn't find anything.. theres 2 locations in the jungle which both have a sign and both have couple roads.. but no luck finding the exact location

Has anyone run by Barbados treasure map which points on lighthouse area of map? (north east barbados)
Describtion of treasure quest says "near jungle with sign and 2 roads" .. i spent 2 days going all around and couldn't find anything.. theres 2 locations in the jungle which both have a sign and both have couple roads.. but no luck finding the exact location

I think it is the jungle area where the signpost is in the middle of an open space - NOT the one where the sign is right next to a rock wall.

:treasure:

Yes it's all good now; I figured out the problem.. I had to put white flag because I'm british and barbados is british colony.. so when i'm anonymous or non british flag, the pirates who attack you upon landing @ shore, they appear..
before I tried many times but the quest active wasn't on since I had british flag flying everytime i landed.

I did not know that the flag you fly would affect the Treasure quest. :shrug

I also thought that you were not always attacked by pirates on the Treasure quests. :duel:

:read

:treasure:

Well that was the case.. until coincidentally I had a white flag while I landed (lucky accident) on my own nation's colony.
Before that I thought there was error due to an active quest, but that wasn't the case.

Can someone else confirm this too?

So can anyone else cofirm there is a problem with the spawning of the pirates when sailing a white flag?
@Hylie Pistof maybe?

I actually reported a week ago the opposite.. my treasure was in Barbados and it was under British rule.. I was British nation and for days I could not spawn pirates until I changed my flag to white

Ah other way round, sorry misread it.
If someone can replicate this or if you have a savegame we can try to fix this.

My recommendation: DON'T use the white flag. That is... uhm.... not quite a functional feature. :no

@Pieter Boelen can't we just disable the white flag with a toggle so we can reenable it if it does work well?
I think the problem here was relation settings. The pirates probably are generated to a nation hostile to you and if you sail white it might not be able to find somethig like that or crash on that.
Probably you got an error.log but missed it.

@Pieter Boelen can't we just disable the white flag with a toggle so we can reenable it if it does work well?
As far as I'm concerned, sure we can. Probably safest too.
Just stick a simple #define toggle at the bottom of globals.c together with the ones for the other unfinished mods.

Any idea where the best way will be to disable it?
I was thinking about the relations interface but that might screw things up ...

I was thinking about the relations interface but that might screw things up ...
That does seem like the best spot. Why would that screw things up? You're just removing a button with the functionality remaining intact, right?

is there any other way the white flag can be raised?
I believe there is also a possebility at sea right?

I don't bother changing flags and the pirates are completely random on treasure quests. Sometimes I get a ship to fight, pirates on the beach, and more pirates before the cave full of pirates where the treasure is. And sometimes there are none at all.

There is a randomization I believe....

Back