• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problems with the sea.

JulianB

Landlubber
Hello,

I need help!

Wenn I go to the sea, the game keeps crashing. I can start te game fine and walk on the land is good. But wenn I go to the sea with my ship, engine.exe had stopped working...

I have an Intel graphic card and the last drivers. (Ofcourse, I have download the intel graphics fix)
And Windows Vista 32

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Are you sure you have the Intel fix installed properly? It sounds to me like the regular Intel problem.

Yeah, I have the Intel fix from the official website.

btw,

I have a bug report..

Mayby is that interesting?

Attachments

• system.log
    710 bytes · Views: 102
yeah, that fix!

I try the fix again..

but you can not find out the error?

(btw, ik zie dat je Nederlands ben, ik ook :) Misschien is in het Nederlands praten makkelijker :p)

Have you installed the Intel Fix to your game folder? Not to any subfolder or something?
Otherwise, just use the Intel Fix option in the Build 14 Beta 3.1 Installer.
That should ensure it is being installed properly.

I know, I have download Build mod 14 with the intel fix, but yes..

Perhaps a new install of the game?

I have the game+mod removed and the unmodded game installed.
But, the unmodded game crasht sometimes..

What is the bug?
I wanted to play the game for 100%

(btw, I have an Intel Q33 Express Chipset Family Card)

OMG! :8q I just looked up that Q33 and you need to get a video card. The Q33 simply is not good enough for gaming. The Q33 is ranked 863 among all video cards and you really need something in the top 200 anyway.

Also, how much ram do you have?

2GB, believe I, I'm not sure, sorry ;)
I know that my video card bad is, but so bad..

(Look for dxdiag information below)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 172
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. :oops:

Performance wise what you have is a decent cpu and plenty of ram. The Vista Operating System is known to use a lot of resources which can starve applications for memory. The Q33 uses 286mb of system memory.

What this means is:
1) You take a hit because it is Intel.
2) You take a hit because it is about equal to 2003 video cards.
3) You take a hit because it is trying to use the same memory as Vista and POTC at the same time.

The system runs out of memory and POTC crashes. :modding

I looked at your computer and you can install a low profile pci-e video card. This is an American site but it should give you an idea of what you need and about how much it will cost.
Amazon.com: pcie x16 video card

YES! :onya

I use the one that comes with IOBit Advanced System Care 7. It is also a good idea to get Smart Defrag 3.

Oh yeah, I use all product of IOBIT!! I love IOBIT :onya

Including Smart Defrag, Game Booster, Driver Booster ,etc.. :wp

Try one thing at a time and see what changes.

In engine.ini you can change from 32 bit graphics to 16 bit graphics. It will not look so good but should perform better. Look at the letter and number string behind screen_bpp and change them to the 16 bit string.
Changing the graphics to low might help.
I do not know about safe render mode. Try it and see if it does something.

The low graphic quality only makes the menus unreadable, but doesn't change anything in the 3D world.
Bit of a useless option if you ask me. :facepalm

Back