• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Proposed storyline the future

I wish you luck! I wrote a very detailed US Storyline out recently, with the main character being the fictional first lietenant of the constitution in her victory over the Guerrierre, and the storyline starting after they are promoted to commander and given their first command (a heavy schooner/brig) The player would serve first under commodore rodgers (with the USS President and USS Congress) and later under Decatur (with the USS United States and USS Macedonian) and I tried to design the storyline around what some likely scenarios would have been had Eluethera been a real US Base at the time and If the US Navy had more success breaking the british blockade later in the war. Ive taken the character up to the command of their first frigate, but I havent got around to finishing it yet because i have been busy with finishing my ships. Plus I have to type it up before I can post it on the forum (Its about 8 pages of notebook paper right now :facepalm ) Anyways maybe our storlines could be combined somehow? just thinking the USS Constitution is a rather large ship to start with, but I understand If you aren't interested. I for one wouldnt mind having TWO American storylines! :drunk

Hmmm. Combining the two could be interesting.
icon_wink.gif
Personally, I like the thought of starting off with the Constitution. But I also plan to compensate by sticking the player in a lesser vessel for the sneak around missions to avoid being recognized by the British.

We should collaberate and swap notes and look at the potential of possibly combining the two or two see if we want them as two different stories.

Aye, sounds good! :keith I'll get an outline together with the essentials of events, battles, ships, characters etc, it will take awhile to type up the whole thing :urgh

Final climactic battle between the USS Constitution and HMS Victory. MUST have! :D (come on, who doesn’t wanna see that?) She could do a surprise ambush at the end. We could have the battle end with a stalemate. Something like the Constitution crippling the Victory and escaping with the hybrid. The hybrid could even be in the battle. While attacking the victory, the player has to keep the hybrid from being destroyed or captured.

Well, from a historic standpoint, the only ways a frigate could hope to survive an encounter with a first rate would be to run like hell or surrender. (One broadside from the first rate and all your rigging is useless, with half your guns dismounted) A single broadside from Victory, outside the range of Caonstitution's guns, would leave Constitution crippled without firing a shot. It wouldn't be too implausible for the Constitution, along with Congress and United States, to capture a third rate like Bellona and two heavy frigates. In heavy weather, ships of the line would have to close their lower gun ports, making the Bellona just a little more powerful than Constitution. (Or you could use Captain Armstrong's new heavy frigate and a smaller frigate like Surprise, and maybe even Volage in addition to that.)

I respect the fact that the story is fictional, but I've been studying this stuff too for long to let that one go.

"I wish you luck! I wrote a very detailed US Storyline out recently, with the main character being the fictional first lietenant of the constitution in her victory over the Guerrierre, and the storyline starting after they are promoted to commander and given their first command (a heavy schooner/brig) The player would serve first under commodore rodgers (with the USS President and USS Congress) and later under Decatur (with the USS United States and USS Macedonian) and I tried to design the storyline around what some likely scenarios would have been had Eluethera been a real US Base at the time and If the US Navy had more success breaking the british blockade later in the war. Ive taken the character up to the command of their first frigate, but I havent got around to finishing it yet because i have been busy with finishing my ships. Plus I have to type it up before I can post it on the forum (Its about 8 pages of notebook paper right now :facepalm ) Anyways maybe our storlines could be combined somehow? just thinking the USS Constitution is a rather large ship to start with, but I understand If you aren't interested. I for one wouldnt mind having TWO American storylines! :drunk"

I must admit that I do like that one for the realism. I like progressing from a first command to a more powerful vessel, and we do have the necessary vessels to do that. I like the Constitution, but using it gets awfully boring after a while. (It might be better once the new Constitution is finished, I guess.)

There is a NEW Constitution? Was there something wrong with the old one? :facepalm

Kind of new; last I heard Captain Armstrong was working on it. The old one didn't have carronades, was too small compared to the other ships, and had a sail plan that was a little odd. I believe the old hull and rigging is being kept.

I scaled the ship up to her correct size, replaced the quarterdeck and forcastle long guns with carronades (except chasers) and replaced all long guns with better models. I also cut down the bulwarks to their correct height ( a change that has happened on the real constitution recently http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U7W3J3_XcXg/Tl4181FqVJI/AAAAAAAAB-E/hw9dkQXFQFE/s1600/DSC_6069.jpg) Improved the shape of the headrails, tweaked the gunport lids, and replaced the capstan and steering wheel. RIght now she is in Armada's hands awaiting export back into gm format.

Well, from a historic standpoint, the only ways a frigate could hope to survive an encounter with a first rate would be to run like hell or surrender. (One broadside from the first rate and all your rigging is useless, with half your guns dismounted) A single broadside from Victory, outside the range of Caonstitution's guns, would leave Constitution crippled without firing a shot. It wouldn't be too implausible for the Constitution, along with Congress and United States, to capture a third rate like Bellona and two heavy frigates. In heavy weather, ships of the line would have to close their lower gun ports, making the Bellona just a little more powerful than Constitution. (Or you could use Captain Armstrong's new heavy frigate and a smaller frigate like Surprise, and maybe even Volage in addition to that.)

Well that's why you stick on the Victory's ass the whole time. The Constitution has the speed advantage. Besides, I was already considering the Congress and the United States in my storyline anyway. In the game at least, you just gotta stick on the Victory's stern or bow if you want any hope for survival, as 2 broadsides will sink you. lol
rolleyes.gif

I scaled the ship up to her correct size, replaced the quarterdeck and forcastle long guns with carronades (except chasers) and replaced all long guns with better models. I also cut down the bulwarks to their correct height ( a change that has happened on the real constitution recently http://2.bp.blogspot...00/DSC_6069.jpg) Improved the shape of the headrails, tweaked the gunport lids, and replaced the capstan and steering wheel. RIght now she is in Armada's hands awaiting export back into gm format.

Sweet! I'm looking forward to the new model! I volunteer for texturing if any is needed.
me.gif
The Black Pearl and the Constitution are my two favorites.

Thanks for offering! :doff but I think the current textures should still work, except for some modifications I made to the deck texture which armada knows about anyway. Just checked my notes, and I have Bainbridge calling at eulethera with the constitution around febuary 1813 to ressuply and repair after the battle with the Java, but at this point in my storyline, the player only has command of a heavy sloop of war (the Volage Model) Hmm there are steam frigates and the like in your storyline too right? maybe it would be best to keep them seperate at this point, though we could certainly still share Ideas :dance

Thanks for offering! :doff but I think the current textures should still work, except for some modifications I made to the deck texture which armada knows about anyway. Just checked my notes, and I have Bainbridge calling at eulethera with the constitution around febuary 1813 to ressuply and repair after the battle with the Java, but at this point in my storyline, the player only has command of a heavy sloop of war (the Volage Model) Hmm there are steam frigates and the like in your storyline too right? maybe it would be best to keep them seperate at this point, though we could certainly still share Ideas :dance

Seems like your story would be more of a sequel to mine. lol
doff.gif

I doubt anyone would do it as it seems kinda far fetched and it does not really have anything to do with pirates (in the romanticized sense), but it would be cool if we added another era after the Corsican called Manifest Destiny or Industrial Empires that went from 1830 to 1900. We would see ironclads and clippers, early battleships, and more steamboats naturally, as well as a CSA faction and perhaps a free Cuba. A storyline where you have to privateer during the Civil War or the Spanish American War. Though a neat concept, it is a bit too late erawize and it kinda puts pirates out of the picture.

I doubt anyone would do it as it seems kinda far fetched and it does not really have anything to do with pirates (in the romanticized sense), but it would be cool if we added another era after the Corsican called Manifest Destiny or Industrial Empires that went from 1830 to 1900. We would see ironclads and clippers, early battleships, and more steamboats naturally, as well as a CSA faction and perhaps a free Cuba. A storyline where you have to privateer during the Civil War or the Spanish American War. Though a neat concept, it is a bit too late erawize and it kinda puts pirates out of the picture.

Who's story line are you talking about? Mine stays within the current 1830 limit.

It currently selected very unhappy that you can speed up by pressing the "R" Although the game is essential but only a halt to using the "G" can move them.
It should if possible be regulated as in CoaS.

Stupid even if it comes at high speed into a boarding combat since the rate does not by itself goes back to normal.

Back