• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Proposed storyline the future

Nobody ever said you had to script the whole thing by yourself, you know!
You could always PM me if you need help or ideas or checking or... whatever. You get the idea. :drunk

Really? I thought I had to script it alone first THEN people would help me. haha Well that's a relief.
w00t.gif

You could try to get started on the code and see where you get. Post here if you need any help.

You could try to get started on the code and see where you get. Post here if you need any help.

I know next to nothing about how the code works.
mybad.gif

I wish I knew how it worked. I'd like to just make a new PotC music pack instead of trying to alter the current one.

yes. i have been noticing that the music is not as easy to change as it used to be. now you can't change the amount of soundtracks used for each location, or their names. you used to be able to do that in build 13.

What do you mean you can't change that? Should be able to. And making a NEW music pack should be fairly simple too. Where do you run into problems?

What do you mean you can't change that? Should be able to. And making a NEW music pack should be fairly simple too. Where do you run into problems?

Oooooo could you show me how to make a NEW one? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
william.gif

once again, the game doesn't care about what should happen. it just does whatever it damn well wants. in any case, changing the common music file does absolutely nothing. the only way you can change the music now is replace existing files with files of exactly the same name. otherwise your soundtracks just don't get detected by the game, even though you may have modified the code to make it possible.

once again, the game doesn't care about what should happen. it just does whatever it damn well wants. in any case, changing the common music file does absolutely nothing. the only way you can change the music now is replace existing files with files of exactly the same name. otherwise your soundtracks just don't get detected by the game, even though you may have modified the code to make it possible.

What are you talking about? The current music packs work just fine.
dunno.gif

uh, yeah. but i'm talking about putting in my own music. modifying the common music ini doesn't work anymore.

As far I know, you'd have to replace the stock game music like you were talking about. I'm talking about making a new optional PotC music pack similar to the one that exists. Currently I haven't had any problems modifying the current music in the PotC music pack with new music, but I'd much rather make a new one from scratch. I'm hoping Pieter can show me how.

Take the files from the current PotC music pack and change the file and folder names used.

What? That's what you want me to do? The current PotC pack doesn't even have music for everything. Like it doesn't have any music for storms. I thought you were gonna show me how to make a new one.
dunno.gif

Make a copy of PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c and edit it as necessary. Make sure to edit the bottom of the file also.
Make it point to your alternate music files. That should work...

Make a copy of PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c and edit it as necessary. Make sure to edit the bottom of the file also.
Make it point to your alternate music files. That should work...

The bottom part where it says MAXIMUS SECTION? What do I do with that?

I was thinking of this part of code:
Code:
void RegisterMusicScheme()
{
ref rms; makeref(rms, registered_music_schemes);
string lnode = "l0";
rms.(lnode).id = "standard";
rms.(lnode).resdir = "";
switch (LanguageGetLanguage())
{
// default:
rms.(lnode).name = "Standard";
}
}

Meh. I don't feel like working on the Enterprise right now, so I've started writing the script for my US story.
keith.gif
Going good so far.

Ooh! About time too, I guess. I'd love to see what you can come up with. :woot

I wish you luck! I wrote a very detailed US Storyline out recently, with the main character being the fictional first lietenant of the constitution in her victory over the Guerrierre, and the storyline starting after they are promoted to commander and given their first command (a heavy schooner/brig) The player would serve first under commodore rodgers (with the USS President and USS Congress) and later under Decatur (with the USS United States and USS Macedonian) and I tried to design the storyline around what some likely scenarios would have been had Eluethera been a real US Base at the time and If the US Navy had more success breaking the british blockade later in the war. Ive taken the character up to the command of their first frigate, but I havent got around to finishing it yet because i have been busy with finishing my ships. Plus I have to type it up before I can post it on the forum (Its about 8 pages of notebook paper right now :facepalm ) Anyways maybe our storlines could be combined somehow? just thinking the USS Constitution is a rather large ship to start with, but I understand If you aren't interested. I for one wouldnt mind having TWO American storylines! :drunk

Back