• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Puerto Rico ship position on exit

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
As well as another tiny detail linked to puerto rico.. i noticed it existing since I began POTC.. when you leave puerto rico and go to open world.. your ship is situated 180 degrees backwards facing the port side instead of facing the front where you could sail out of without having to turn 180 degrees around
I remember that. Somebody should turn the locator around.
@Jack Rackham, I think you may be the most familiar with the directions of locators. Any chance you could have a look at it?
I think the offending one is "reload_1" in RESOURCE\MODELS\Islands\IslaMuelle\IslaMuelle_locators.gm .

Last edited:
Reactions: A.H
That would be "reload_3" in RESOURCE\MODELS\Islands\Cuba\Cuba_locators.gm then.

I can't see any locators in the location where the ship is ready to sail so how can we know which
it's supposed to be?

I can't see any locators in the location where the ship is ready to sail so how can we know which
it's supposed to be?
I got the locator names from the code. But we can also export the locators from the _l.gm file and then import them into the MAIN island GM model.
That would show us which one is in what spot.

I have fixed Puerto Rico.
But in Havana (Cuba_port) the ship doesn't turn around even if I turn all locators around. :confused:

Attachments

• Puerto Rico fixed turned around locators.7z
    1.5 KB · Views: 108
I remember I mentioned this issue and that it was reported to be fixed about 2 updates ago.. however I now noticed in Puerto Rico when you leave the town and go to your ship.. your ship is positioned 180 degrees backward.. which means you have to turn the ship 180 degree in order to face the exit of the port.

Is this one of the issues that are hard to fix?

Which update supposedly fixed it? Because I'm running the latest installer and the 22nd July zip update, and still leave town to find my ship pointing at the town. This has always been the case so I didn't think much about it.

Yes i tested it and have done it right now too. Just to be sure it was the right file I upload it again.

Attachments

• Puerto Rico fixed turned around locators again.7z
    1.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Puerto Rico.jpg
    Puerto Rico.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 179
Yes i tested it and have done it right now too. Just to be sure it was the right file I upload it again.
Confirmed, it DOES work. Additionally, that file was identical to the one I already had when I tested it and it didn't work.
Apparently you MUST start a new game for the turned around locators to actually take effect.
Bit of a shame, and quite odd for a GM update too, but at least now we know so we can deal with it.

For islands, I think the GM files are read on game start and the coordinates stored in the game memory so they don't need to be read from the files again afterwards.

Reactions: A.H
Back