• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Quest Officer Salaries

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I came here to comment on this very subject but it appears others have noticed it first. Just to be sure, does this fix address this issue with Fred Bob?
POTC4 2015-11-30 13-51-45-79.jpg POTC4 2015-11-30 14-22-45-42.jpg

Just to be sure, does this fix address this issue with Fred Bob?
As in... THAT SALARY IS INSANE?!?! :shock

No, I'm afraid it doesn't fix that. All this fix does do is to change a display error for the player character.

I came here to comment on this very subject but it appears others have noticed it first. Just to be sure, does this fix address this issue with Fred Bob?

I hope you are not complaining - you know Fred Bob is worth every Penny :yes

In fact he is probably worth twice as much - at least . :D

:rofl:rofl:rofl

:duel:

As in... THAT SALARY IS INSANE?!?! :shock

No, I'm afraid it doesn't fix that. All this fix does do is to change a display error for the player character.

Ayup! That would be the one. :monkeydance

It doesn't matter too much if Fred Bob is worth it or not if I can not pay that much. :shrug

If does seem a bit excessive. That makes for good feedback on @Levis' updates to officer salaries.

29 November and new game. I had to give up and started over from before I hired Fred Bob as I was getting farther behind every month.

So I went back and hired Fred Bob again and his monthly salary is unchanged.

An update to the interface should not affect that one way or another.
Sounds like @Levis may need to think about the salary balancing a bit more.

@Hylie Pistof have you changed any setting from the default ones? (Also internal settings)
Which level where you when hireing him?
Was his pay this high from the start or only after he leveled up.

The only settings I change are to get the Open Sea mod. In options I change some things but not the salary multiplier.

It was early in the game. I messed up when hiring Baldewyn Coffier and he disappeared, so went and hired Fred Bob. He was level 34 with 34 perks or so and a salary of $149,000 or so.

He never leveled up. I could not afford him and after a time of trying I restarted from a save before I hired him.

Also, this is a global change. Later in the game I hired Rys Bloom and he was $33,000 a month at level 17 or so. I immediately fired him as there was no option to just lay him off, so he is gone too.

I captured a sloop and set Artois Voysey as Captain and saw his salary go over $10,000. So from now on I will hire no more officers and only use a single ship.

Last edited:
Should require just a bit of playing with this logic:
Code:
  if(sti(Npchar.quest.OfficerPrice) < 100) //Just an arbitrary number. If it wasn't set already, it should be 0 or 1, but in case someone accidentally made a character with a very low officerprice
   {
     //Here we create a base officerprice for the character.
     int officerprice = GetBaseOfficerPrice(Npchar);
     //let's randomize it a little bit.
     Npchar.quest.OfficerPrice = 0.9*officerprice + 0.2*rand(officerprice);
   }
[...]
int GetBaseOfficerPrice(ref Officer)
{
   //Get the modifier for the officertype
   float typemod = GetOfficerPriceMod(Officer);
   //Level based price
   int baseprice = (sti(Officer.rank)-1) * 125;
   int skillprice = 0;
   //Skill based price
   for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
   {
     skillprice += GetOfficerPriceForSkillLevel(Officer, GetSkillName(i));
   }
   return makeint((baseprice + skillprice) * typemod * OPRICE_LEVEL_MULT);
}

int GetOfficerPriceForSkillLevel(ref Officer, string skillname)
{
   string officType = Officer.quest.officerType;
   int skillFactor = sti(OfficerTypes.(officType).skills.(skillName));
   if(skillFactor > 0)
   {
     int skilllevel = GetEffectiveSkill(Officer, skillname);
     return skilllevel * skillFactor * 20;
   }
   return 0;
}

So from now on I will hire no more officers and only use a single ship.
Until some changes have been made to this again, of course. ;)

there is indeed a logic fail. Will look into this today.

I hope this is better :).
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [Dec 4] | PiratesAhoy!
There was a mistake where all officerprices for each level where added because it couldn't find the previous officerprice during the initial setup. I hope this is fixed now. Fred bob shouldn't be higher then 5050 (±10 because of randomization).
The 5050 would be if he was level 35 and was level 10 in 2 skill which he contributed fully to the ship. Does that sound reasonable?

So I started a new game after applying the fix and just hired Artois Voysey. He is level 8 with 7 perks and a salary of $3,672. He has always been expensive but this still seems high. The only other officer I hired was off the street and is also level 8 and costs $507 which seems low. He is a fighter whom I made the gunner.

So I started a new game after applying the fix and just hired Artois Voysey. He is level 8 with 7 perks and a salary of $3,672. He has always been expensive but this still seems high. The only other officer I hired was off the street and is also level 8 and costs $507 which seems low. He is a fighter whom I made the gunner.
I'd expect artois to be somewhere round 2000, does that Sound good for you too? If so I'm going to look into why this isn't working yet ...

He is expensive for his skill level, but he has always been more expensive than most. Right now he is maybe twice as expensive as similar officers at $3,515 compared to others in the $1,390-$1,900 range.

Should the way the prices are calculated not be the same or at least similar for quest and non-quest officers?

Back