• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question About Creating Backup File

ClysmiC

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
Ahoy! I just love this game, even after 7 years of only playing the vanilla version :)

From what I can see, the mods you guys have made look awesome! Hats off to you! I plan on downloading Build 14 Patch 5 and seeing for myself. I have one quick question though:

I have read all over that I should back up my game before trying to install build 14. Does this mean I should just copy all of the vanilla files into a backup folder, or should I install it twice?

Thank you for any help :)

PotC is self contained. That means that there are no parts of the game outside of its folder. What I do is make a virgin vanilla install and then copy it. I keep the original in case it is needed later. Then install the mod into the copy.

Since you already have a working vanilla install, you may want to just copy that and install Build 14 and patch 5 into that. I recommend you get the Christmas ship pack also. :wp

Just put the unmodded game's folder on an external HD or something and you'll always be good.

Back