• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Question regarding sails

Chy

Landlubber
Ellows!
I was wondering if theres any way to import the pure white sails from New Horizons into GoF 1.2 to replace the original weathered sails, or just make it available for selecting at pirate shipyards, if yes, then how to do it the right way, iv found the pure white sails from NH in \RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Sails, but cant seem to find something like that in CoAS, i found something regarding the sails in \RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\SAILS but are those the sails or just the interface icon of them, and what would be the best way to replace/add the pure white ones?
Thanks in advance. :D

:facepalm I know it can be done as I did it a few years ago, but now have forgotten how.

I tried replacing the white sails from the /INTERFACES/SAILS with the pure white sails but as suspected it only changed the icons, cant seem to find the real sail texture folder in CoAS >_<

Have a look in RESOURCE\Textures\Ships . That is where PotC used to have its sail textures until we moved for the modpack.
Good chance that CoAS is the same as unmodded PotC.

That was the first place i checked but no luck :(
No sails folder like in PoTC, only afew sail files at the bottom of the ships folder, sail_blackpearl, dutchman queen annes and whole black, but nothing more.

So there ARE sail files in that Ships folder? Then I suspect they are in there somewhere. Perhaps not under the name you are expecting?
Search also for "parus". Or use the TX Converter to visibly see all textures, so you can see which ones are sails.

Yuup, am doing it as we speak, found the sail texture in the main textures folder under the name "parus_common.tga.tx" but its just the "white" weathered sail, no file for the other colors, anychance the game uses this file for all the sail colors?
Cuz i cant seem to find any other specific texture files for the other colors.

Replaced that parus_common.tga.tx file with the pure white sail file and renamed it, now my game crashes after i reinit and try to go out at sea, i must be close lol xD

Found Sails_Init.c in \Program\Ships that says:
/////////////////////////
// GOF 1.2
/////////////////////////

void InitSailsColors()
{

SailsColors[0].icon = "interfaces\sails\blue.tga";
SailsColors[0].texture = "parus_blue";
SailsColors[0].color = argb(255, 153, 204, 255);

SailsColors[1].icon = "interfaces\sails\green.tga";
SailsColors[1].texture = "parus_green";
SailsColors[1].color = argb(255, 153, 255, 153);

SailsColors[2].icon = "interfaces\sails\red.tga";
SailsColors[2].texture = "parus_red";
SailsColors[2].color = argb(255, 255, 153, 153);

SailsColors[3].icon = "interfaces\sails\yellow.tga";
SailsColors[3].texture = "parus_yellow";
SailsColors[3].color = argb(255, 255, 255, 153);

SailsColors[4].icon = "interfaces\sails\lilo.tga";
SailsColors[4].texture = "parus_lilo";
SailsColors[4].color = argb(255, 224, 194, 254);

SailsColors[5].icon = "interfaces\sails\gray.tga";
SailsColors[5].texture = "parus_gray";
SailsColors[5].color = argb(255, 128, 128, 128);

SailsColors[6].icon = "interfaces\sails\white.tga";
SailsColors[6].texture = "parus_white";
SailsColors[6].color = argb(255, 255, 255, 255);

SailsColors[7].icon = "interfaces\sails\black.tga";
SailsColors[7].texture = "parus_black";
SailsColors[7].color = argb(255, 60, 60, 60);

SailsColors[8].icon = "interfaces\sails\darkred.tga";
SailsColors[8].texture = "parus_black";
SailsColors[8].color = argb(255, 160, 40, 40);

SailsColors[9].icon = "interfaces\sails\darkblue.tga";
SailsColors[9].texture = "parus_black";
SailsColors[9].color = argb(255, 34, 34, 125);
Couldnt this have something to do with the sail colors?
Tried every single file in the texture folder but still no luck v.v

That colour line is indeed new. That is probably it.

Swapping or textures doesn't generally cause crashes.

A quick and dirty way to change your sails is to go into your Age of Pirates 2-->resource-->textures-->ships folder and there you will find a bunch of parus tga's. Copy and rename one of them to parus_common.tga and see what happens. Rename the original first.

If that causes a crash, then both that texture and the one you already found may need to be changed. I have not found the GM file that calls for the different sails.

Omg im gona punch myself!
It was right there infront of me lol and idk how i missed it, finally got it!
Thanks alot guys!
It was the parus_common.tga.tx from the textures/ships/ that needed to be replaced, not the one from the texture folder.
Replaced it with the silk one from the same folder cause that looks a bit whiter then the pure white from PoTC.

Back