• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Random Freezes

Joer

Powder Monkey
Since two weeks or so I've been experienced some sudden freezes while playing Beta 4.1. The freezes are especially annoying because they freeze up my entire PC. Nothing works and I have to do a hard reboot to get it to work again. The Freezes are also unpredictable because they can happen anytime, sometimes after just 30 min of playtime or sometimes after 3 hours and everything in between.

When it first started I thought a clean reinstall would do the trick. It didn't. The issue is still present and very annoying. If it helps, I play as said before on Beta 4.1 on Windows 7 64bit, 8 gigs of RAM and a GTX 970 gfx card. I do not encounter this issue on any other game/application.

Do you have any details in the game's .log files after it happened?
When and where does it occur?

Does it seem in any way similar to these reports?
Cannot Confirm - Game freezes (but not crashes) on open sea (sometimes in other locations). | PiratesAhoy!
Confirmed Bug - Build 14 Beta 4.0: Game crashes on worldmap almost instantly after loading | PiratesAhoy!

When it happens, does anything respond to such buttons as Alt+Tab and/or Ctrl+Alt+Del?
Also, do you run the game in fullscreen or windowed mode?

I play in windowed mode. And no, nothing works on my keyboard. Even pressing something like Capslock is not detected by my PC when it happens. I don't think it's the same as the other two issues, since they seem to be able to close the game with the task manager, which I can't.

These are the files, which I think are the ones you need.

Attachments

• compile.log
    29.5 KB · Views: 113
  • system.log
    10.9 KB · Views: 116
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 112
Looks like it happened basically right after entering 3D Sailing Mode.
Did you come from shore, worldmap, ship deck or a boarding scene?
If shore or worldmap, do you have a savegame from which you can try again? Does the problem replicate itself?

I had just set sail from Kingston Harbor. Now that you mention it, it does usually happen while out at sea. I can try and see if the issue comes back, I have had it on several save files already.

Do you have a save in that port? If it happens every time from the same save, maybe something could be done about it.

Back