• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Random Talk

I tried Port Royal and Port Royal 2 but found it more to be a trading game then a true pirate game. Very involved also which is good but the pirate part of the game seemed weak. What do you think of it?

I would agree with what you said on 1 & 2. However, they claim 3 will be different as you can play as a merchant, sanctioned pirate or ruthless pirate. Just have to wait and see. Check out these website on the game , port-royale3.com or the fan site at
portroyale3-fansite.de/

I will. I was always intrigued with the concept of that game but it never lived up to it, especially on the pirate side of the game. I received the Play Station 3 last Christmas as a gift from my brother. I never had a Play Station before. The last game console I bought was probably Sega back in the early 90s. Since then it has been all computer. And I don't like the mindless shoot 'em games. I'm more into pirate games (as you know) and games in the vein of Civilization. I did buy Civilization Revolution which was made for the game console rather then computer one so I'm going to try that out soon.

I stopped playing computer games couple of years ago. If I cannot get a disk I won't play the game. Computer games now reguire a download from steam of some sort. Port Royale 3 can now be downloaded for the pc through steam. At least with PS3 games you get a disk. Any updates are downloaded via the PS3 network, but not the entire game. I will have to check out the game you mentioned. I don't like the mindless shoot'em up games either.

Yeah, I have to deal with Steam too. I had to get it to use Civilization 5. It came with the disk. I think its supposed to keep you from getting hacked if your playing online games. I don't play online games though.

I haven't played an on-line game in years. I generally just play the single person story in the game, if it has one.

I mean games like Might&Magic where you don't have to follow one path or do things in a certain order but can go out and explore the world in the game and not have to do events in a certain order.

Back