• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Realistic ship stats

Scoundrel

Sailor Apprentice
After starting a new game all ship stats are like in arcade mode.

Reallistic mode is on of course, but all ships in shipyard (and mine) have around 100 rotate speed, when it should be mostly below 50.
Are there any other places I should check in search of cause?

Nevermind. It magically stopped working and magically repaired itself -_-
I cant delete my own topic? Maybe someone could do this?

I realised now that switching back and forth doesn't affect ships stats. Starting game in realistic mode should result in realistic ship stats and vice versa.
So problem is it works the other way around for me: starting game in realistic mode results in arcade ship stats.
I can start in arcade, but then I have all the locations explored.

Something is messed up. Try deleting your "options" folder in your PotC folder. Then restart the game and reset everything in "options" again.

That should help; then make sure you set the mode you want BEFORE you start your new game.

Didnt work.

I just reinstalled it. Problem is gone but I hate this. I mean what the hell caused it? -_- We'll never know.

This program is like that. :shrug Every install is different, and every game played in every install is different. :facepalm I re-install often, and when I get one that seems to be stable I copy it so there is something to fall back on when my experimenting causes problems. :modding

Friggin snowflake :D

Which files do you recommend to backup, so I wouldnt have to backup whole game?

Also: It happened again. And I have no Idea why or when or...

But there is way around it I guess - is there possibility to turn explorer mode on to both arcade and reallistic modes?
That way I could just start in arcade and switch to reallistic after beggining.

Err, that's how I do it. I have a vanilla install that I never play. I copy that and dump the mods into the copy. Play it. If it's bad, I dump it and the mods. Then re dl. Reinstall. Repeat as necessary until it is running smooth. I'm on my 2nd install since patch 5 came out and I'm going to dump it soon. The shipyard is messed up.

I've never heard of your problem before. Since it is repeating itself, it sounds like the error is deep in the program and a new download might be the answer. I know. Time consuming.

Backup? MODULES, PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folder.
Technically, every installation should be exactly the same. :wacko:

Have you gone through your "options" line by line and made sure they are the way you want them? Sometimes that folder gets corrupted by .....something.

Yes. I checked everything many times.
I tried to change nothing before first run (I dont touch, I dont ruin it ;) ), redownloaded, made sure to set mode before runing a game, tried to change mode before installing build 14.
Regardless of any options I set this thing is still backwards.

Thats just crazy -_- few days ago everything was normal.
I'll check how things look in PotC without build. But now I need some sleep.

Have a nice day

Vanilla PotC do not change stats. Silly me.
Problem remains unknown and very pissing off. I'll just make some changes in ships_ini - simplest solution for me.

Since script worked in reverse somehow i threw it away leaving only realistic stats for both modes.
Works fine

Double posting just to refresh it.
I was convinced that realistic stats are theese with lesser turn rate, since the other stats follow "if (!bArcadeMode)"
But seeing some screens people posted (poeple who play on reallistic mode) I want to make sure: which stats was suppose to work in which mode?
If my assumption was right then I wouldn't be the only one with this problem

Nevermind previous post. My game is doing exactly what yours is - it is using the 'b if arcade' stats when sailing. Mostly this is fine for galleons, corvettes etc. But when it comes to sloops/luggers/xebecs ive been getting very annoyed with upgraded ones managing to go quicker than the wind. Recently i managed with one at stock! (18knots too!)

So i think weve definitely got the same issue here, question is - is it intended?

In Realistic Game Mode, the turning rates ARE deliberately higher than in Arcade.
However, so are the inertia values of the ship. The intended result is that while big ships CAN turn fast,
it'll take a while of applying rudder before you get up to the full turnrate and once you do, it takes a while again to break off the turn.
In Realistic Game Mode, you therefore have to apply counter-rudder in manoeuvring like you would on a real ship.

Back