• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Realistic Time

larethal

Landlubber
Hi, I would like to slow battle time down to real time.

What I mean exactly is, that once I'm in a battle, game hours go by extremely fast, and I would like 1 real earthling hour to be exactly that of one game hour in battles.

On the map it's all the same, the time is good, and I dont want to change that, but the time I wonder in towns and on land, and the time I fight on sea I owuld like to have as realistic hours. Just to be absolutely 100% clear, I want a game night to last 12 hours if I stay on land and play for 12 hours :/ That's not gonna happen, but I'm sure you now know what I mean.

Which file should I go about tweaking to change the speed of game time outside the map on sea and on land?

Thanks for the future info mateys.

Well, you should look in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h, in the TIME SCALARS section. There should be everything you want there. :onya

Nice, lets have a look....

Yes, found it, I think. Time for a test. This will make gaming a bit more enjoyable. Hope it doesnt ruin any of the game mechanics as a whole though.

Thanks a lot bud.

I hope that works for you. If not, it sounds to me like this might become quite complicated. :?

I hope that works for you. If not, it sounds to me like this might become quite complicated. :?

I think it's fine now.

Although I have seemed to run into another issue, and I think it's unrelated.

My options wont stay, ichange them in the buildsettings file, but the changes wont happen. Autoloot for one doesnt work, with many other things, so I dont know which ones are on "true" and which ones are on "false"... Or should I write the number there rather than true or false to make the options work? Although, there were a coule of numeral options which didnt work, like the autolooting..

What Build are you playing? In Build 14 you set those things in the options --> advanced options section.

What Build are you playing? In Build 14 you set those things in the options --> advanced options section.

Oh. Ooooohhh. Ok.

I play build 14 yes, I tried 13 for an hour and changed and didnt read the patch notes.

I'll try that next, then.

Thanks for this.

Back