• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Reduced Blade Break Chance

They do not! Blacksmiths sell items as well. That's how I found this one was selling the bladekit. ;) Since I still haven't seen one in a chest or on sale at a store or street vendor, I was beginning to wonder if the bladekit is already set to only be sold by blacksmiths - except that until last night, skipsell was still 1, so it wouldn't have been sold by them either...

That's curious. I don't think them being available from blacksmiths only is intentional. Yet.

could have something to do with the itemtype, but like I said I still need to look into this.

Update: they're now becoming available elsewhere. Sometimes in treasure chests, and a storekeeper had one. Well, not exactly one - he had 58 of them in stock. xD It was probably just coincidence that the first one I found happened to be at a blacksmith.

58!?!?!? That's a bit.... much. That's with the increased rarity value for testing, right?

Yes, I put skipsell to 0 and rarity to something like 0.2. I haven't seen that many in one place since, though. Occasionally a storekeeper or street trader has one, and I've been picking up a few more from chests.

So do you have good settings already?

I Just started a new game whit the new version installed , storyline Buccaneer : The first thing I saw
at the street merchandiser in San Juan harbor was the Blade Care Kit.:)
Well, then I visit the blacksmith, and he have that Blade Care Kit to.
Buy the way: He fix all my blades to excellent, in a single stroke .
All the street merchandisers and the store also have the kit:eek: now.

Last edited:
I Just started a new game whit the new version installed , storyline Buccaneer : The first thing I saw
at the street merchandiser in San Juan harbor was the Blade Care Kit.:)
Well, then I visit the blacksmith, and he have that Blade Care Kit to.
Buy the way: He fix all my blades to excellent, in a single stroke .
All the street merchandisers and the store also have the kit:eek: now.
Wow.... That is a bit too much of them!
Sounds like we need to tweak a bit more....

Oh @Pieter Boelen if you are going to change the rarity of the blade care kit please make the skillbooks a bit rarer also.

Oh @Pieter Boelen if you are going to change the rarity of the blade care kit please make the skillbooks a bit rarer also.
Need to know some good values for it. Only way to find good numbers really is by trial-and-error, along with playtesting.
Would be best of someone else with a bit more free time would give that a shot....

Do I understand correctly that the Blade Care Kit shows up a bit too much in the latest Beta 3.3 WIP release?
Would anyone be willing to try and tweak its rarity value some more?

If nobody provides any word to the contrary, I will assume that the Blade Kit has its intended effect, shows up in the game and is not encountered in crazy quantities.

Back