• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Remove Rum from contrabanded goods

psykopatsak

Landlubber
Smuggling to any of the dutch harbours is completly impossible, since the smugglers take all rum I've got, even if i intended to smuggle linen, for example. I suggest either remove rum from contrabanded goods or the option to not smuggle rum. :will

Anyone would be welcome to make some sense of the import/export/contraband goods in PROGRAM\ISLANDS\Islands_init.c . :yes

Hmm. Might just. how do I do that? is there anything else that should be changed? :mm

How the rum can be forbidden (contraband) if that town have a tavern? :shrug

More interesting: How can the dutch run their ships?

How do you do it? Open the file with, for example, Windows Notepad and edit it. It's fairly straightforward.

:p

There is no hidden things that will fail then? just asking to be sure :shrug

EDIT: here's what I meant. I replaced GOOD_RUM with GOOD_OIL, But the trade book still says rum..

And smuggeling to those islands stopped working alltogether...

Should work just fine. New game required for the changes to take effect though.

How the rum can be forbidden (contraband) if that town have a tavern? :shrug

The dutch don't like that evil rum? :j3 They do like their wine and ale though. :drunk

Have you ever tried Neptune Green Rooster? One woman got sick and ran to the head just watching me drink it. :beer

Alrightee; I do think eventually someone should go through all Import/Export/Contraband goods for the islands and make sense of them all.
There's been rather a lot of copy-paste for the added islands as far as that's concerned, which is boring and not even remotely accurate.

Back