• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Reputation and loyalty

eloy2030

Landlubber
hi, everibody, this my first post! I've been playing AOP COAS for a while and I love it, despite the issues...

there are several thing I cant completely grasp, one beeing reputation and loyalty. I know there's been plenty of discusion about it, but I still don get it. Thing is, my character has "hero" reputation and all my officers have hero or man of honor reputation, but they all hate me. and one officer that is a scoundrel has like 75 loyalty.

some one can explain me this or direct me to some place where I can see game mechanics?

thanks!

Good question and one asked a lot. I don't think any of us has figured it out. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. One thing I have noticed that seems to work for me is that your officers seem to care about your actions at sea.

Do you pay your crew and do you pay them on time?

Do you let captured ships go after looting or do you sink them and take their captains prisoner for ransom. Try letting some go.

When you have a letter of marque letting pirates specifically go will often mar your rep and taking them prisoner or sinking the ship will help you. However before you get a letter of marque, sinking pirates and taking them prisoner will damage your reputation.

Play with these factors specifically and see if you have any better results. Also successfully completing some governor missions and see what that does for you.

MK

truth is, never had a ship surrender, so... regarding the payment, yeah, money is not a problem... i saw there was a mod that was supposed to seolve this, but cant find it... also, im playing with gof 1.2 patch 1.0 and says "Fixes the annoying bug where your quest officers constantly lose loyalty, no matter what you do" but doesn't seem to work.

thanks, i'll keep trying and see what happens.

I've been experimenting a while with your advice and is totaly correct, thank you. the only thing that makes loyalty change, or so it seems, is the way I deal with battles... ransom, surrender, boarding, capturing... if the officers have good reputation, they increase loyalty if you only loot, if they have bad, the increase if you board, kill, capture and sink!

thanks again, very usefull

Im still trying to figure this one out. Like the OP im playing Gof 1.2 patch 1.0

Ships never surrender (its turned off) - nor do i know how to loot a ship without killing the captain. If you don't kill the captain you cant exit the battle screen. if you dont take the ship it just sinks....

I got my first letter of marquee - two pirate ships attacked me. I took them - i lost honour?? They are pirates?????

Do i lose honour if i fight Dutch or Spanish ships (im playign as england)?

thanks in advance.

Ok - so if I have ship surrender turned offf, I can't attack and capture enemy ships or pirate ships? What am I supposed to do? Feed beggars?

:shrug It sounds like you need to kill the Captain.

I'm playing ERAS and while ships do not surrender they can be boarded and captured. I still have not figured out how to transfer cargo from ship to ship tho.

:shrug It sounds like you need to kill the Captain.

I'm playing ERAS and while ships do not surrender they can be boarded and captured. I still have not figured out how to transfer cargo from ship to ship tho.

Ships surrender just fine in ERAs. Did you set "surrenders occassionally" in mod options? MK recommends that setting in the "read me"....

Sorry I wasn't clear - too much Grog :)

I can capture them, but i lose reputatation.

And no, I don't have ship surrenders on, thanks for the tip.

I am still learning the game and started out with all default settings. Ships surrendering would be nice.

con20or: No one seems to have an answer to your problem. :shrug

Back