• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Requeriments for play potc

matiasx07

Landlubber
I played this great game but I had a problem, my computer restarted while playing. after restarting many times, my computer was broken :( . now I'm buying a new computer, but I know which requests are the best to play this game.
Thanks! :ship

:ahoy

As in everything else, size matters. As in how big or small of a pile of cash you have. In general, laptops struggle as they are not intended for gaming and often have Intel graphics, which is a big no no.
Any reasonably new desktop will give you good performance. My computer was built in 2007 and with regular upgrades is still going strong.
In 2012 one would want a quad core cpu, lots of ram, and a good modern video card. Emphasis on the video card.

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_(video_game)):
System requirements
Windows:
To run the game with modpack smoothly, I'd recommend having at least a bit more. Anything you've got more is better. HD space required for the current edition of the modded game is over 8 GB.

One thing you DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT is an Intel onboard graphics card. The game positively refuses to run on those properly. Any regular nVidia, Radeon or otherwise graphics card should be fine.

I've got a laptop that runs the game perfectly fine, but then of course it's got specifications probably even surpassing a regular desktop. So it's possible in any case.

would buy a computer with Intel graphics, but what is the problem of intel graphics card in the game?

The Intel graphics card is not compatible with POTC. It is a very low performance system that causes POTC to CTD. The Swiftshader addon helps, but is only a bandage over a wound.

I never understood because I had problems to play with my old computer
here are the features of my old computer:
448 MB ram
1.60 GHz
AMD sempron procesor 2800
Graphics card: VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP,
wHY I had problems with this computer?

I just did a search of that graphics card. It is integrated into the motherboard and only uses a maximum of 64 mb of shared memory. That is very weak. This might be worse than the Intel graphics. The last video card I had that had 64mb of ram was an Nvidia TNT Pro 64 from 1998.
Does that motherboard have an AGP slot? If so, you could get a better video card.
Also, that motherboard should be able to take the much better Athlon 64 processor.
The bottom line though is that you have a very old computer, and finding parts is not easy, plus it is out of date. If you could get a computer with a PCI-E slot you would be money ahead in the long run.

And whit this computer, potc works fine?
Procesador AMD Sempron 2.8GHz, Motherboard ASROCK whit Video NVidia GeFORCE 7025 integratedan 2GB of RAM

POTC should run a little bit better with that than with Intel graphics but it is no powerhouse. That motherboard does have a PCI-E slot so that a real video card could be a future option.

What operating system are you going to use? Years ago when I was using XP there was a trick to allow it to use 2 GB of ram. That trick worked for any 32 bit system, but I have forgotten what it is. 2 GB is barely enough ram for Win7 64 bit.

Mmmm, I think the most likely use windows 7 but will not say if 32-bit or 64 bit ..
Another thing, what I like about this mod is the black pearl. but I rather like the graphics of Age of Pirates COAS. I recommend you? potc or COAS?

thanks
another question, my current computer (448 MB ram 1.60 GHz AMD Sempron 2800 processor Graphics card: VIA/S3G Unichrome PRO IGP) will not bear build 14 beta 2. but it can play build 13?

Try it and see. The biggest difference between b13 and b14 graphically is the ships.

I remember now, my computer play well with 13 but was broken build with build 14 ....
Another thing I found very strange, the first day of play to build 13 or build 14, was wrong but in the following days started to go wrong: S.
Anyone have idea why that happened?

If Build 13 works, Build 14 should work too. Try to reinstall.

I'm sure they'll be adding the new Black Pearl into the CoAS GoF mod soon too.

Thank you peter!
Another thing, age of pirates COAS has the same problem with potc with intel graphics card?

Back