• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Running "rename.bat"

Captain Mark

Landlubber
Hello everybody, :gday

I'm new to this forum, but not new to PotC. After almost a year of not playing PotC, I just installed Build 14 Beta 1 with Patch 1. My question might sound silly to some, but when I run rename.bat after installing the patch, the command prompt window just appears for a split second. Is that supposed to be so? Just wanna make sure that "rename.bat" installed properly.

I use a Win 7 32 bit system, having installed New Horizons outside of "Program Files".

Look in your PotC folder and see if rename.bat is still there. Once you run it, it disappears. Another clue. When you first play the game, you are st Speightstown. When you are up by the front gate look to your left at a tall rock in the water. Do you see a soldier up there or do you also see a wooden wall? If you also see the wooden wall all is well. ;)

And Welcome! :gday

Look in your PotC folder and see if rename.bat is still there. Once you run it, it disappears. Another clue. When you first play the game, you are st Speightstown. When you are up by the front gate look to your left at a tall rock in the water. Do you see a soldier up there or do you also see a wooden wall? If you also see the wooden wall all is well. ;)

And Welcome! :gday

Thx for the quick reply, and the welcome, :drunk

well, rename.bat didn't delete itself, but I could see the soldier at the cannon AND the wooden wall, so all should be well!

...amazing to see how the Build Mod has evolved!!! Keep up the great work guys! :dance

Back