• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Runtime Error GOF. 2.0 With 1.4 Patch

TurkTurkelton

Landlubber
Hello.

Finaly CoAS Came in the mail. But after 4 new reinstall and fixing the Tages Security issue( Had to download new Drivers for Tages to Atenticate the cd) But even after this fix and the install of GoF 2.0 and the new Patch 1.4 the game begins to start with the small frame with the ship and the storm it trys to go into the game and then it Chrashes with an Runtime error code.

Im Running a Win 8 (x86)
Intel core I7-4700mq 2.4 - 2.4
2x Geforce Gtx 780m Connected in SLI

If you need more Info about the problem just let me know, had to buy it of Ebay, imposible to get it in Norway and it is the Best Pirate game by far.

Thanks in Advance for help :)

:ahoymate!

First things first. You already got the updated Tages drivers but you might want the nodvd patch. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/kGERHaZYW0/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z
The Tages drivers come in 32 bit and 64 bit form. Did you get the correct ones for your system?

Where is COAS installed? Windows security will not let it run in program files. I install it to my D: drive and others install it to their desktop.

Does the stock COAS work ok?

That was a bl...y fast reply, Thanks :) Yeah i installed the correct one, because first it did say i had to set in the correct COAS DVD and the start ended there, I fixed that one. I Havent tried the stock COAS( Sorry for that) because i have played that all finished on another computer, i can try that know and see if it will run then. Mine it installed on: D: :mygamefolders: :age of Pirates 2. I have installed every Visual C++ Runtime i Could find in Microsoft`s Page to.

Yeah, now i installed it on the deskop and the game works as a fresh COAS Game and it also works with the GOF 2.0 Patch. But when i install the 1.4 Beta V1 It Crashes with the same Visual C++ Runtime Error.

I have 2 GOF2 1.4 installs and both work fine. Both are in the D: drive, have the nodvd patch,and Tages 64 bit. I installed COAS, then GOF2, then beta 1.4.

Could it be win8? I have heard it has problems with some games that win8.1 fixes. I am still on win7 64 bit.

It might just be that. Visual c++ is an microsoft driver so it could be there the problem are. Gonna try instaling the 1.3 patch and see if it will run with that now.

No neider of the Patches would work, just the GOF oppgrade. It¨s a bit frustrating beginning with just GOF when the patches has worked out so much of the bugs in this game. It has to someone ells with the same problem ?

Back