• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Runtime error

RusT

Landlubber
Im getting a runtime error when i start the game with build 14 alpha 10 and patch 5. it's only doing it after i run the .bat file that comes with it. Specs are Nvidia 430 1gb, 2gb ram, intel 3.6ghz.

system log:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

and error log:

COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 4
can't load file: events.h

oh and when it was working some of the textures were missing like for some trees and buildings, i played build11 a few years ago with no textures for the trees and i never knew if it was intended or not lol.

thanks guys

Have a look here to see if the file exists...

• [InstallPath]\Pirates of the Caribbean\Program\Events.h
Check the instructions for installation given on these links, ensure that you've installed the mod properly...

• http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/file/74-build-14-beta-1-full
  • http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/file/85-build-14-beta-1-patch-5

Have a look here to see if the file exists...

• [InstallPath]\Pirates of the Caribbean\Program\Events.h
Check the instructions for installation given on these links, ensure that you've installed the mod properly...

• http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/file/74-build-14-beta-1-full
  • http://forum.piratesahoy.net/files/file/85-build-14-beta-1-patch-5

I dont have that Events.h file in the file you said or anywhere else i dont think, can i maybe download it seperate? i've reinstalled the game and re-downloaded the mod a few times now and i follow the instructions exactly. The problem is when i run the runme.bat it says loads of files are missing and it wont let me start the game.

Could it be because of where i installed the game? i have it on an external harddisk E:/ where i put all my games.

Perhaps some changes that were made between alpha 10 and beta 1 are causing your problem. Try dling build 14 beta 1 full and see if that helps.

The only concern about where PotC is installed is that if it is put into C:/program files, then the windows security systems kick in and messes everything up. Anywhere but there is ok.

Perhaps some changes that were made between alpha 10 and beta 1 are causing your problem. Try dling build 14 beta 1 full and see if that helps.

The only concern about where PotC is installed is that if it is put into C:/program files, then the windows security systems kick in and messes everything up. Anywhere but there is ok.

Oops sorry i meant to say in my OP that i was running beta 1 :facepalm . i havn't DL'd any alphas or any previous versions only beta 1 and patch 5.

As long as you have permission to write to the disk then the batch file should have no problems. Bear in mind that the script runs from the current directory, therefore if it is from E:\POTC then it will look for files in E:\POTC\Resources, for example. If you've installed the game to E:\POTC but the script is running from C:\Program Files\POTC then it will not be able to find the existing files or copy new ones to the correct location.

There are many file errors that will show as the batch script runs, but they should be benign in that any errors that they produce in-game should not be critical. Don't get me wrong, there are many texture-related errors that I've noticed but they won't prevent the game from running in the first place.

The best advice I can offer is to reinstall the original game and then install the mod, followed by the patch from the two links I gave you above.

As long as you have permission to write to the disk then the batch file should have no problems. Bear in mind that the script runs from the current directory, therefore if it is from E:\POTC then it will look for files in E:\POTC\Resources, for example. If you've installed the game to E:\POTC but the script is running from C:\Program Files\POTC then it will not be able to find the existing files or copy new ones to the correct location.

There are many file errors that will show as the batch script runs, but they should be benign in that any errors that they produce in-game should not be critical. Don't get me wrong, there are many texture-related errors that I've noticed but they won't prevent the game from running in the first place.

The best advice I can offer is to reinstall the original game and then install the mod, followed by the patch from the two links I gave you above.

Yeah i get what your saying, is there a trick to getting the textures to load properly because i've only ever seen the palm trees as grey blocks ( i think they're palm trees lol)

gonna do a fresh install now and DL build13 final instead :)

Does the game run before installing the modpack? That particular file was never modded.

So the texture problems are due to your not running the batch script, the TGA files are not being relocated accordingly.

Back