• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Saint Martin: Enemy Soldiers team up with Local Guards

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I found an odd bug at St. Martin. I visited the French side and decided to talk to a soldier. This sets off a raid by the Dutch soldiers. That part worked fine except that ALL the soldiers were hostile to the citizens and ignored each other. This went on all over town and in the tavern until all the soldiers were killed. The next day all was normal again.

I have no idea when this bug was introduced but this always worked correctly in the past.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Saint Martin. Marigot Port. December 12th, 1690.7z
    624.5 KB · Views: 103
I have indeed done some rewrites to related code. Just need to track down specifically what triggers this issue here.
Was it a regular town guard you talked to?

Yes. It was at night and he was walking around by the gate with a musket.
Looking at their code, the soldiers that show up belong to the other nation and are therefore supposed to be hostile to everyone.

But probably what ends up happening is that they're added to the AI group for the local soldiers.
Which in this case is NOT meant to be happening. :facepalm

Maybe I need to distinguish between "Soldiers" and "a specific soldier model" to figure out if they go with the local town guards or not.
That is probably how it used to work right in the past.

Does seem like a somewhat dodgy solution, but I can't really think of many better ones.
Or adding a player attribute that bypasses the "adding to local soldiers group" code or something.

@Hylie Pistof: Please extract attached to your PROGRAM\DIALOGS folder and see if that works better.

These files call "LAi_CreateFantomGroup" instead of "Ambush", which allows the soldiers to belong to a different nation.
They should then also get into their OWN AI group and no longer get grouped with the local guards.

I think this should work....

Attachments

• SaintMartin_Soldiers.zip
    4 KB · Views: 109
I finally made it there and all is well again. :wp Everyone slaughters everyone else just fine.

I finally made it there and all is well again. :wp Everyone slaughters everyone else just fine.
Sounds brilliant when you put it like that! :rofl

Thanks for confirming that it is OK now. Glad to know my recently rewritten function serves its purpose here too.
I thought this was going to become a convoluted and annoying thing to fix.
And then I came to my senses and realised that I had already written the code that I needed.
Just had to put it to use. :cheeky

Back