• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Salary, Divide the Plunder and Leadership Skill

The "morale lowered due to undivided loot" now also includes money stored in your cabin's chests.
So you'll have a harder time than ever just "hoarding" your money. Switch to Divide the Plunder mode already!
As a bonus, you'll get a happier crew, a lot of personal wealth and increased fame level! :whipa

Meh. It's just something else to change at every update. The list just keeps getting longer.

Out of curiosity, which things do you usually change? Perhaps we can figure something out to decrease the list again.

Actually not that much. Screen resolution in engine.ini, 3 realism settings in internalsettings.h plus some other stuff like that advancement speed, and some music. It's trying to remember everything that is hard. I don't know for sure if the tacking speed thing is still changed for instance.

Actually not that much. Screen resolution in engine.ini, 3 realism settings in internalsettings.h plus some other stuff like that advancement speed, and some music. It's trying to remember everything that is hard.
Keep a copy of all files you edit, then use WinMerge to put it back in the new version.
Soon Beta 3 will be publicly released, so then it won't change so often anymore.

I don't know for sure if the tacking speed thing is still changed for instance.
I think that was in a file I edited myself as well, so that has probably been overwritten.

Start of the game with Leadership at 1 and Morale at 50. First time not paying will make the morale drop by (30-1)*1=29, which will then recover during the month.
Second time not paying in a row will make the morale plummet by (30-1)*2=58. That would be your mutiny right there!
But assuming you manage to get through that, morale will recover....
Now that player ship morale is no longer "magically high", especially in the early game, does anyone think we should decrease that value of "30"?
Player morale at the beginning is around 30-40 anyway, so skipping one payment in the early game would already be an instant mutiny.
Is that not a bit harsh? Especially when you may still be having a hard time getting money at all?

The "repeat" code in there will still ensure that the drop will be bigger each month that you skip.
So if you're doing it on purpose, you'll get your mutiny soon enough anyway.

Also, I just noticed that the salary skipping code "resets" your companion morales to the player ship morale.
A fix for that will be in whatever release I post next. :facepalm

Back