• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Saving Toff's Daughter

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
The dialog when you go through the gate to go to Gamboa's ship yes/no has a line missing. This breaks the quest.
The save is for the LaCroix storyline.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Bonaire.7z
    503.3 KB · Views: 93
Edit: nevermind need to look into it more

Seems that fixing the selfdialog caused this bug.
This should fix the problem.
Place in POTC\PROGRAM

Attachments

• dialog.c
    28.2 KB · Views: 125
No Levis, until now i just played standard storyline. But if it appears in other storylines, then it's ok. Sorry for not posting savegames and error and compile archives :facepalm

Anyway, thanks a lot Levis, expect to be testing more about the WIP Beta 3.2 ;)

No problem, dont be afraid to post the bugs here. Give as much info as possible, then we can see if its a bug and if so how to fix it.

Addendum.

This side quest works again, but I had to go back to a save from before I went through the gate to go to Gamboa's ship. Going through that gate with the bad dialog broke the quest.

I have experienced on several occasions upon anchor on Kralendijk Port the dialog, "Going to the pirate ship (Gamboa's) or Not even after the quest (Saving Toff's Daughter) have been completed.

Did anyone share the same experience playing the latest mod?

No, I completed it successfully while playing the "Nelson's First Command" storyline.

Which storyline are you playing? Do you have any other quests active? Though rare, interference between active quests can do odd things. The last time I had anything weird happen to "Saving Toff's Daughter" was a long time ago when I was playing Build 13, the "Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago" quest was already well under way, and I got the dialog about freeing Padre Domingues instead of the dialog about going to the pirate ship or not. Since then I've always finished with Toff's daughter before starting "Strange Things".

I have not had any problems with that quest in some time. In this current game I had to wait a long time to start it. Level 12 or so. It completed perfectly and then I started the "Strange Things" quest.

Back