• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screen Resolution ?

:ahoy

Yes it is possible. Open your COAS folder and scroll down until you find "engine.ini". This opens with notepad. Open it and at the top set "screen_x = 1920, and screen_y = 1080. Save and exit.

Thank you very much!
Is it normal that now in the main menu the logo of the game(at the top of the screen) is partly cutted off ? And the titls like "New Game, "Load Game" are bigger ?
It's like I zoomed the view!

I haven't know about this possibility, so far.
Anyway, I had got problems with resolutions while I was using AoP2 with GOF.
The problem has been solved when I installed tha latest version of GOF ( new save required :( ). I don't think New Game and Load Game should be bigger.
May I show you how it looks in my game?

Hmm ok I don't have any mod installed,
I will turn back to the regular resolution and install GOF, then I will retry!

Anyway is GOF a reccomended mod ? Does it offer some improvements in the game ?

This is what my main menu looks at in 1920 x 1080 resolution. Sometimes the bird is there and sometimes not.
start 2014-12-13 13-47-58-61.jpg

The engine.ini is part of the stock game too, so should always be there.

All of the mods fix many bugs and add new content like better characters and ships. Look at the screenshots thread to see what has been added.

@Valium Yes please do show us what you have.

Sorry, I forgot.
I've got the same as yours, Hylie.

Michele, AoP2 with GOF mod is completly new game. Many new swords, ships, other things, what's more, problem with crashes of engine was solved.

I recommend to download and install the same version as me and Hylie has got.
Later you can check these mods.

I will show you one picture from my game which I uploaded here a few hours ago.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu2.png
    Bez tytułu2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
Don't know why but I haven't got a possibility ( or I just can't ) to upload a few photos at once.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    762.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Michele and welcome! GOF 2.0 is a very good and stable mod. Lots of improvements over the stock game and isn't very hard to install. You can get it here.

To post a pic look to the right hand corner of the screen where it says "upload a file". Click that and then browse to your image and select it. Now on the left by your avatar you will see your pic. Click on "thumbnail".start 2014-12-07 12-13-47-76.jpg Then post reply.

Is there an alternative website where to download the GOF 2 ?
Because this one is very very slow, i tried Moddb but there is only the 1.2 version

Well, I haven't noticed any problems with downloading, so far.
It's true that speed isn't fast but I advise you to check once again.
Don't forget to switch off all AdBlocker plugins and antivirus.
Usually it helps.

I've made it!
but now the italian language is gone, i think it's not remediable.
Anyway how can i make screenshots of the game ? I want to show you because I think that at 1920x1080 the images are stretched

Get Fraps. It is free and takes screenies in BMP format. Then convert them to JPEG format with windows Paint or a free editor like Gimp. Then upload it here.

I just use PrintScreen button but it doesn't make sense if you're going to take a few screenshots.

Back