• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

You'll fight alongside the white nuns and the brown monks against
bandits and evil red priests/monks.
Colour-coded for convenience? :cheeky

The interface pictures for Midshipman Hornblower and Lieutenant Hornblower use photos of Ioan Gruffudd, while the one for Commander Hornblower uses a photo of Gregory Peck. Regardless, I'll have consistent faces on all three character models, based on a different photo of Gregory Peck with better lighting.
Subtle difference, but he does look much more like a real person now.
And I like that you choose to use Gregory Peck for all.
I like that old movie of his.

To give the storyline a real Blackbeard feeling I have added a few scenes
from Teach's "career". They take the story forward too, not just for the athmosphere.
That's some seriously piratey stuff right there!
I like it. :woot

Warning spoiler.

This weeks episode starts with a flagchest which you can open and take out all 13 flags.
The flags are bladeitemtypes and visible under your left arm when equipped.
1 flag chest.jpg

On top of Blackbeard's tower.
Raise the flags in a certain order to create a message.
2 Teach_flag.jpg

Check the result with the tourist spyglass.
Insert coin first.
The picture is a loading image.
3 zoom_islet.jpg

Now you can visit the Islet. (by @Bartolomeu o Portugues )
4 Islet.jpg

And find the hideout in the dunes.
5 fishermans_hut.jpg

Two huts from TEHO with floors made of a "carpets" with sand texture.
6 hut entre.jpg

Meet Louis Arot, former cabin boy of Teach's flagship Queen Anne's Revenge.
7 hut inside.jpg

HOLY CRAP, that is SO cool, @Jack Rackham!

Flag signalling is something we haven't seen in the game before, but is of course incredibly period-appropriate.
And the use of a different loading screen to see the effect is really, really outside-the-box in an amazingly smart way! :shock

WoodesRogers2 weekly spoiler:

This is what I'm working on right now. It's a ship which you and a few pirates are trying to take over at night.
First the Captains cabin - a new import från TEHO. A nice 2-room cabin. "Weaponslocker" to the right added.
1 capmd_2.jpg

On the gundeck below a retextured small stern cabin. All gundecks in the red style.
2 small cabin retextured.jpg

Crew quartes. You have to sneak very carefully so you don't wake the sailors up.
If you walk into a hammock the guy gives you a punch.
3 gun deck at night.jpg

For the holds I have used the BLackPearl textures. Donkeys first and convicts behind the grating.
Sneaking here too but the donkeys ar far more dangerous than the sailors above. Avoid passing right behind them.
But that's not so easy as the animals are placed so you have to follow a zigzag path.
4 animals and prison in the hold.jpg

And from here to the slaves who you must unchain to take the corvette.
5 slave deck.jpg

This is what I'm working on right now. It's a ship which you and a few pirates are trying to take over at night.
First the Captains cabin - a new import från TEHO. A nice 2-room cabin. "Weaponslocker" to the right added.
Very nice! Any chance of using that more generally, as a replacement in some of the larger ships which currently use "capmd"? (For example, the corvettes, alias "Aurora" class frigates.) I can perhaps retexture it for wider use so that the one in "Woodes Rogers" remains unique.

And from here to the slaves who you must unchain to take the corvette.
If the one sixth from the front is who I think it is, be very careful when you wake him! In the words of Sir Edward Pellew, "He is known to be a man of a violent temper". ;)

Feel free to use the capmd_2 as it is. It's not my work anyway.

They use 2 locator files. One for day, one for night. Some of the added stuff like chairs are attached to those files. Now neither of them
can be opened with the the TOOL so if you want to change or add more locators you have add a third locatorfile. (which I did)
And that works.

The sixth - I think he's the one singing "Purple Rain".

But I wonder when we will be introduced to Anne Russel Stapelton? ;)
Lady Barbara Wellesley is about to get a new model:
@Jack Rackham: The hint about Anne Russel Stapelton was for a reason. The model "LadyBarbara" is obsolete and will no longer be included. I did a Windows search to check that I'd replaced it with the new model everywhere that I'd used it, and was surprised to find a hit in the "Woodes Rogers" folder. Any scene involving the wife of the governor of Charleston will not work unless she uses a different model.

You could use "Lady04_ab". Alternatively, I know you have AoP because you imported all its weapons into "Woodes Rogers". None of the female models in AoP are much use in PoTC because the .an file which drives them lacks any combat animation, so it's impossible for them to draw weapons. But someone managed to modify the models and give them a more complete animation in GoF. "Lady04_ab" is one such model; she's the GoF version of AoP's "lady_4", and "woman_ab_PoTC.ani" gives her all the movements needed in PoTC. What that means is, if you want to use any other AoP female model (any of the "lady" or "towngirl" models), I can import her GoF equivalent and she'll use the same animation file.

Feel free to use the capmd_2 as it is. It's not my work anyway.

They use 2 locator files. One for day, one for night. Some of the added stuff like chairs are attached to those files. Now neither of them
can be opened with the the TOOL so if you want to change or add more locators you have add a third locatorfile. (which I did)
And that works.
Thanks! I'll probably retexture it anyway to give it a lighter wood, more in keeping with other cabins. The dark one could be used for the various pirate frigates, though. And yes, I'll need to make a new locator file with all the standard locators found in other cabins.

Ok thanks for the information but I'm not so fond of those AOP ladies. So very broad shoulders. I'll use towngirl4 instead.

Fair enough.

Does TEHO have any models you'd like to see in PoTC? I'd need the model file, any associated texture files, plus the relevant .an and .ani files.

This weeks WR2 spoiler update comes early as I'm tomorrow going to "Claire Voyant" to spend the Christmas days.

From the swedish town Kristiania ...
1 jungle_exit.jpg

... you have to pass through a swamp/jungle maze.
Water color can be changed - it just takes a lot of experiments.
2 swamp.jpg

Choose the wrong path and you end up in an hostile indian village.
Tipis made of VCO market stalls (upper part), retextured and sized up.
The three sticks pointing up are tripods turned upside down.
3 indian village.jpg

The right path though leads to the "Red House" ...
This is really not perfect but I managed to do it with the TOOL.
4 Red House outside.jpg

ref
5 ref outside.jpg

Pass through a dark hall up to the ...
6 Red House hall.jpg

... living room of jrh ...
7 Red House inside.jpg

ref
8 ref inside.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on the forum! :xmas

WoodesRogers spoiler.

I had since long time planned a scene with pirates careening their ship.
A.jpg

And also replay the famous Pyle painting: "So the treasure was divided".
B.jpg

ref
C.jpg

Enemy in sight! To the cannons!
D.jpg

Here she comes...
E.jpg

Inspiration: the Gettysburg film when the rebels are firing their cannons one by one over and over again.
Also introducing a new weapon: the hand cannon.
F.jpg

Withdraw to the blockhouse.
G.jpg

Surviving?
(I placed a locator very very far away and switched to a character model without a talking head.)
H.jpg

Happy New Year. :cheers

Back