• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sea Relations: Change in Nation Relations from Player Actions

It is possible to join the pirates AND get a LoM.
Then any act under a pirate flag WILL be considered an act of piracy, but any act under your non-pirate LoM nation flag is NOT.
However, you gain points with both nations either way.

I'm not entirely sure if that seems right to me. I think it does make sense, but if you guys have any thoughts, I'd be happy to hear them.
This might be the solution to the "Hero Pirate" question I just asked in another thread:
You can avoid getting bad reputation by being a pirate, but ALSO serving another nation.
A bit like Peter Blood, who was a famous fictional pirate, but loyally served England (as far as I understood it anyway).

It is possible to join the pirates AND get a LoM.
Then any act under a pirate flag WILL be considered an act of piracy, but any act under your non-pirate LoM nation flag is NOT.
However, you gain points with both nations either way.

I'm not entirely sure if that seems right to me. I think it does make sense, but if you guys have any thoughts, I'd be happy to hear them.
This might be the solution to the "Hero Pirate" question I just asked in another thread:
You can avoid getting bad reputation by being a pirate, but ALSO serving another nation.
A bit like Peter Blood, who was a famous fictional pirate, but loyally served England (as far as I understood it anyway).

So in effect you are a Privateer.

:dance

Unless I hear otherwise, I have made my final tweaks to this feature.

Do let me know if you observe anything that seems well and truly wrong in the game with it though! :woot

Back