• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Selling Interface Problem

parazaine

Landlubber
Ok, i've tried the search function, googled the problem but cant find anything anywhere about this...

I am unable to process simple sales with shopkeepers as they have very small sums of money when trying to trade in personal items but when i go to the shop and go to the cargo buying screen, it shows the shopkeeper having thousands of coin to purchase with but in the personal items interface he has almost nothing.

This is with the latest beta 2.5 lite build....i can buy stuff no problem and can sell stuff is less than or equal to the shopkeeper's money in the personal page BUT he usually only has 300 to 400 gold so i can't sell anything worth more than that????

Indeed I saw that too yesterday. I've put it on my to-do list. Thanks for reporting! :doff

It sounds like you visited an island that had just been raided by pirates or hit by a hurricane. Check the news in the tavern.

I checked the tavern....no pirate raid or hurricane.

This was Jamaica (Port Royale) plus it has also happened in other ports

Seems like a genuine bug.

Extract attached to PROGRAM\Characters . This should make store owners use the TOWN GOLD for item transactions instead of their personal gold.
That'll ensure they'll have enough money to purchase whatever you throw at them, unless the town economy ends up REALLY sucking.

Let me know if there are any weird effects with this. I only did a quick test. o_O

Item traders remain unchanged. But then they're there with their stalls to SELL stuff and not BUY it. Right? :wp

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 66
Wrong. ALL traders can buy as well as sell if they have money. The store owners give the best prices though.

I know item traders CAN buy stuff; I'm just coming up with a reason why they don't need as much money as the store owners do.

Back