• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Selling Ships for Negative Money

This should fix it.
Also this should fix the shipyard giving full price for cannons while selling the ship. Now you just get the sell value of the cannons
Place in PROGRAM\INTERFACES

Attachments

• shipyard.c
    167.2 KB · Views: 102
It's fixed alright, perhaps going a bit too far the other way. ;) I'm now getting as much for little ships like sloops as I used to for somewhat larger ships, though still nothing like the purchase price. Which is reasonable enough, partly because it's second hand and the shipyard needs to do some work to make it fit for sale, and partly because it's second hand and captured ships always bring a reduced price, as they should.

But I had a governor ship hunting quest to get a heavy sloop of war and got more for selling the ship than I got from the governor. And I've been getting more for a ship which was shot to pieces and missing several guns than I would previously have got for the same ship in perfect condition.

And whoever was complaining that it's too easy to make money in this version is going to have a fit. xD

Please Give some prices and scenarios.
repair costs, cannons and upgrades should be taken into account also the goods on board should help.
if the repair costs are getting to high the price will never drop under the 5% of the shipprice.

Im playing Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline, 3.3 version and i captured carack and when i bring her to shipyard to sell her price is -11k after i sell her those 11k are payed from my money is this is bug or no? :D

Im playing Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline, 3.3 version and i captured carack and when i bring her to shipyard to sell her price is -11k after i sell her those 11k are payed from my money is this is bug or no? :D
I think I see your problem. Version 3.3 is obsolete. ;)

You can get version 3.4 here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release.24486/
Get both the installer from the top of that post and the zip file update at the bottom of the post.

But even that is out of date. Now under development is version 3.5:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
Again, get both the installer at the top of the post and the zip update at the bottom.

Version 3.5 is still being developed so there may be bugs. Then again, it's actively being developed and several bugs which are in versions 3.3 and 3.4 have been dealt with. Besides, if you report problems with any earlier version, e.g. 3.3, the answer is likely to be a suggestion to get version 3.5. ;)

In particular: the bug about negative prices for ships has been fixed in these later versions. I have been playing the "Bartolomeu o Portugues" storyline myself, and if you like it, that alone is a good reason to get version 3.5 because the story has been extended.

I think I see your problem. Version 3.3 is obsolete. ;)
Note that the Beta 3.4 Installer EXE does actually show up as 3.3 in the menu.
That is a mistake on my part that I never got round to fixing.

The ZIP from the Beta 3.4 thread will fix that (and some other things) though.

Back