• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Server Move

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
OK guys as previously mentioned I'll need to move the forum to a new host located in Malaysia.

We have a VPS now, 300gig space, 300gig transfer per month and dedicated 512 meg ram and a certain amount of dedicated bandwidth. So it's a big step up from the shared hosting we're on now.

All in all, by having the VPS resource wise alot of doors have opened. Have to thunk about making use of them well first though.

Anyhoo, the point of the thread is to tell everyone, over the next few days if it looks all a little pear shape, it's me!.

Well, all day until just now it wasn't pear shaped, but no shape at all. :rolleyes: I was afraid it was that big solar flare that caused the outage.

Anything can happen in Malaysia!

It all happened a bit quicker than I though, this was due to me deleting the database on the old server by accident...... Best way to get something done quickly if you ask me :)

Really? I'm not seeing any difference in performance; just a few missing icons here and there.:?

Ahh yeah icons, they must have made a few changes with the skins on the last updates. All fixed now.

With the speed, I'm glad some are finding it faster though I would settle for same as usual considering it's location now.

Nice! The site is all blue-like now though. And what happened to the FTP HTTP links? My avatar and signature picture disappeared again and I stored them on the FTP. :facepalm

Oh.....i'm glad you asked that....yes.....ummmm

which ftp?

Actually, I am starting to notice a slight improvement in performance now. :rolleyes:
And all the icons are back; good job on that! :doff

What do you mean "which FTP"? Did the whole thing disappear? I don't think I had quite EVERYTHING from it saved somewhere. :facepalm

Nah, if it was on the pa.net domain it's still there. I just need to know exactly what I'm looking for.

Ahh, ok, now I see I don't have the build folder at all.

I'll start transferring it over but the I'll finish the bulky stuff tonight

It seems the Build FTP didn't disappear at any point; it was just the HTTP links that stopped working.
Will you be able to keep the original link the same despite the server move? And are the login details still the same for the FTPs?

The old login details are still working on both FTPs for me. :onya

OK, build folder all moved over now.

I'll probably need to attack the pyratesahoy.com section as well. (i can't even remember the admin login for that one)

Back