• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Several minor bugs + questions

Almost finished. Textures like capmd, chear1c, kapitan and objects_tex2. Where I сan see them, in 3d sailing or it's textures for the interior of the ship (when you in cargo hold, gundeck or in captain cabin)?

Also
Why ship now has 3 tier when I buy it from Vanderdecken? I only add pirate nation to InitShips and changed stats a bit (nothing too overpowered). How do ship tiers calculate at all? It's curious because in initShips corsair frigate actually has 5 tier if I'm not mistaken.

Those are all used for the insides of various cabins.

If you download the tools I mentioned in post #96, particularly GM Viewer, you can look through various models to see which texture files they use. Ships are in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships". Decks are in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Location\decks"; cabins are in subfolder "cabin".

Ship tier is calculated by crew size. Disregard the 'refShip.Class' lines. Somewhere near the bottom of "Ships_init.c", after all the ship definitions, is this:
Code:
        refShip.Class = 1;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 900)    refShip.Class = 2;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 550)    refShip.Class = 3;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 400)    refShip.Class = 4;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 250)    refShip.Class = 5;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) < 100)    refShip.Class = 6;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) <  60)    refShip.Class = 7;
        if(sti(refShip.MaxCrew) <  30)    refShip.Class = 8;
So if a ship is tier 3 then its maximum crew is between 400 and 549. Note that this is the base maximum crew as seen in the ship's "refShip.MaxCrew" line. If that is close to one of the border values then it's possible for a ship in the game to have what appears to be the wrong crew size for its tier. All values are slightly randomised so that no two ships are identical. So, for example, "GaleonWar" has 'refShip.MaxCrew = 400;', which is exactly the minimum for tier 3, so the ship will show up as tier 3 but its actual maximum crew may be less than 400.

Yeah, I downloaded GMviewer. But the point is that these textures from the PiratFrigateCur_part1 (renamed, PiratFrigateSup_part1 in original), and I don't knowwhich parts need to be changed. There are plenty of ships that use this textures, so there are many parts from them that my particular ship not using. But I think I can manage it by slightly editing all tga file in terms of color.

Oh, I see now) I forgot about upgrades again

Use GM Viewer to look at "PiratFrigateCur_part1" (or the original "PirateFrigateSup_part1"). Towards the stern is interior detail for a cabin. You can also use TX Convertor to convert all those files to .tga format, then use Photoshop to look at them. You should then be able to work out which files provide the texture for which part of that cabin. Then you can change them, save them to new files with the same length names as the originals, convert them to .tga.tx format with Tx Convertor, and use Hex Editor to change "PiratFrigateCur_part1" to use your new files. Or just leave them as they are, and your new frigate will have the same cabin as the normal version.

It may actually be worth doing this because "PiratFrigateSup" is itself a retextured variant of "Frigate1", one of the few ships in the game where you can walk into the cabin while in sailing mode. It won't be the same as the cabin you visit from deck, as that's just a standard cabin model common to many ships, but at least you can go in. Most ships either don't have any cabin detail at all in the ship model, or it can only be seen from outside when you're in another ship sailing close to it.

I noticed that after I execute F11 all ships in Vanderdecken buying interface got messed up. Something like different ships with old stats. Centurion 2 tier with 1k HP and so on. So, why it can be and is it expected?

You can also use TX Convertor to convert all those files to .tga format, then use Photoshop to look at them. You should then be able to work out which files provide the texture for which part of that cabin.
I did this, but actually it's very difficult to tell which texture used and which not (many deck, wood, metal textures). So it was easier to press TAB when sailing and look closely ingame.

I noticed that after I execute F11 all ships in Vanderdecken buying interface got messed up. Something like different ships with old stats. Centurion 2 tier with 1k HP and so on. So, why it can be and is it expected?
Uhm... That does actually sound really weird. o_O

Do it again, then post "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists.

Otherwise edit "InternalSettings.h", enable cheatmode, then start a new FreePlay game and give yourself your new ship - it will be the one with the blank interface picture because your ship doesn't have an interface picture yet.

One thing you can do is edit "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ShipModels_descriptions.txt". Find the entry for "PiratFrigateSup_Descr", copy and paste it. In the copied part, change "PiratFrigateSup_Descr" to "PiratFrigateCur_Descr" and change the bit in {} to whatever you want to say about your new ship. Then, when you go to choose your ship in FreePlay, it will still have a blank picture but it should show your description.

Any way to start on Isla de Muerta so I can test if this will work properly in NG? I mean, maybe one of the characters starts there

Any way to start on Isla de Muerta so I can test if this will work properly in NG? I mean, maybe one of the characters starts there
There's no immediate start to get there, but I think there's a console option for an immediate teleport.
That's probably the next best thing.

Update. Problem with shipsinit file, when I change to stock one it's ok with his ships after F11. i think I copied something that I shouldn't when duplicating needed strings.

It's right after basic corsair one

BTW how do I enter secret cave on Cozumnel? Island is isolated. In main story there was something about some time when it can be reached, right?

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    865.2 KB · Views: 100
how do I enter secret cave on Cozumnel? Island is isolated. In main story there was something about some time when it can be reached, right?
You mean the temple? I think that one's exclusive to the Standard Storyline.
There is another cave though that you can just walk into.

Some of the weird things at Vanderdecken shop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2355.png
    Screenshot_2355.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2356.png
    Screenshot_2356.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I think that I've finished with editing)

Btw anyone know what texture ship's wheel using? It's the only wooden detail that I was unable to edit(

Attachments

• ENGINE 2018-10-11 19-08-18-804.jpg
    ENGINE 2018-10-11 19-08-18-804.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 109
Some of the weird things at Vanderdecken shop
Vanderdecken apparently doesn't want us to see weirdness and has made the pictures disappear. xD All I can see are some "IMG" tags but no pictures. Try again...
Btw anyone know what texture ship's wheel using? It's the only wooden detail that I was unable to edit(
"desk.tga.tx".

About Cozumel: the bit about only being able to reach the island at a certain time is indeed limited to the "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline. That's nothing to do with what is on the island, though. There are two different models for the island itself, one of which makes it physically impossible to get to the shore, and the storyline uses that model until it's time for you to go there, then it switches to the island model which can be visited. In other storylines, the island is set to use the model which allows you to land, and also adds more places to visit, including the cave. (The temple is still there. You just need to explore more to find it. But none of the interesting stuff happens there because that's only programmed to happen in the storyline.)

Both. :)

Every other storyline has 'Reinit_KhaelRoa();' in its "StartStoryline.c". "Tales of a Sea Hawk" has it in "quests_reactions.c", called after the main story ends. It's defined in "PROGRAM\KR_Reinit.c" and sets up all the new locations as well as making the island use the accessible model (though "Tales of a Sea Hawk" already sets that during the story).

So, if you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk", the extra locations are added after you finish the story. In every other storyline, including FreePlay, the extra locations are always there.

Back