• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sharpe not at Anse Casse- Bois Beach

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 1

After getting the relic from the church at Pionte a Pitre for Teresa you have a choice

1 - Go back to Plantation with Harper - Path Works OK ( really good ) :onya

2 - Sail in Teresa's ship to Anse Casse-Bois and pick up Sharpe & get your own ship back - Bugged :sad

- Sail to Anse Casse-Bois - on Beach Teresa talks to you & tells Sharpe to come out of hiding - Nothing Happens - no Sharpe. :facepalm

O.K. - Let's try the obvious (given the previous situation) can you see locators:
goto17
goto18
goto19
on the Beach ?

Is this due to me making an error, cause Im pretty sure I just copied the locator files over to where they were :facepalm

Is this due to me making an error, cause Im pretty sure I just copied the locator files over to where they were :facepalm
Not sure - but Talisman has found some "quirks" (sounds better than bugs :woot ) which I will look at and at the same time check the location files.
Hopefully ready for your Patch 2.

:gday

I have managed to fix Anse Casse-Bois :cheeky

In folder

Resource / models / Locations / Shore_4

There is a file - Shore04_l.gm dated 8 - 3 - 2010 size 9.52 kb ( it is the only file in the folder )

Copy this file to folder :-

Resource / models / locations / Outside / Shore_4

It should overwrite the file - Shore04_l.gm - dated 16 - 6 - 2009 size 7.31kb <----- save this file somewhere safe 1st.

then you will have all the locators and Sharpe will appear on the beach and talk to you :dance

( EDIT :- This also makes Beach battle near the end of quest much better :onya )

PROBLEM ( there had to be one :razz )

Sharpe tells you to follow him to the jungle - at next jungle section Sharpe fails to appear - Quest breaks again :rofl

see Attached

Sharpe tells you to follow him to the jungle - at next jungle section Sharpe fails to appear - Quest breaks again :rofl

I have now played this bit through several times and it is working OK now :onya ( don't know what happened previously )

So the quest can now be played through completely without breaking if you copy the 2 files Shore04_l.gm and Plantation_locators.gm to the correct place :dance :dance

I have now played this bit through several times and it is working OK now :onya ( don't know what happened previously )

So the quest can now be played through completely without breaking if you copy the 2 files Shore04_l.gm and Plantation_locators.gm to the correct place :dance :dance
EXCELLENT WORK TALISMAN :onya :onya :onya

Thanks for your help on this.

I saws it. Not sure when I'll actually DO something with it though...

I have been stuck at this point for 2 days now. Hopefully I did what Talisman suggested correctly. My problem now is that I can not leave the beach. It matters not whether I go by land or by sea, after I look at the lighthouse and come back to the beach, and talk there, the Hotspur is there but locked. I can not board her to go to Bridgetown. I have read the walkthrough and it appears I have completed the story to this point correctly, but I just can not board. What am I missing?

I have been stuck at this point for 2 days now. Hopefully I did what Talisman suggested correctly. My problem now is that I can not leave the beach. It matters not whether I go by land or by sea, after I look at the lighthouse and come back to the beach, and talk there, the Hotspur is there but locked. I can not board her to go to Bridgetown. I have read the walkthrough and it appears I have completed the story to this point correctly, but I just can not board. What am I missing?

Since you have managed to get back to the Hotspur at Anse Casse - Bois - you have done all the adjustment correctly. :onya

H M S Hotspur is locked at Anse Casse - Bois ( padlock at top left of screen ) on both paths ( Teresas ship and going back to Plantation ) :yes

I play in arcade mode ( realistic is a bit to hard for me xD: ) so I managed to get arround the bug by using the Fast Travel menu to go from the beach to the Ships deck - I don't know if this is available in realistic mode.

Apologies for not mentioning the bug before - I forgot about it because I managed to get arround it . :walkplank

EDIT :-

I think the same thing happens right at the end of the story Line as well -

On beach - After traitor commits suicide talk to Lt Bush ( Hotspur Locked again - got round by using Fast Travel ) - Sail to Bridgetown

Aha! Fast travel eh? I will give it a try.

I play in arcade mode with everything set the same as realistic mode. Methinks I'm sailing into a headwind 80% of the time, and the endless tacking is tedious as the headwind seems to tack with me.

You can't switch anymore between Arcade and Realistic in mid-game. :(

i have similar problem but first time i try to go at anse case bois, none is there,. no captain or agents, it used to work before i installed the latest patch so it must be due to recent changes in the build.

i have similar problem but first time i try to go at anse case bois, none is there,. no captain or agents, it used to work before i installed the latest patch so it must be due to recent changes in the build.

1) Can you check that the file Shore04_l.gm is in the folder Resource / models / locations / Outside / Shore_4

the file should be dated 8-3-2010 size 10kb.

There should NOT be a folder called Resource / models / Locations / Shore_4

2) Where are you in the story? ( bits in spoiler are from the walkthrough )

Are you at -> Quest Book Header My First Ship ->

You will be told by an officer to take station as the captains boat is coming along side (auto)
The captain will give orders to prepare for sea.
You will take charge of the helmsman.
Go see him and talk to him – auto go-to-sea on completion.

Sail to Guadeloupe – (Anse Casse Bois)
Land on beach with Simpson and Clayton where you will meet Lt. Buckland.
He tells you, you are late. An argument with Simpson ensues. Clayton is killed. (auto)
Lt. Buckland returns and sends you back to the ship with orders to sail to Kingston in Jamaica.
Sail to Kingston. Go to port.
OR are you at -> Quest Book Header Loyalty ->

(on Guadeloupe )

Leave church.
CHOICES:
Choice 1 (sea route)
Join Teresa ship and sail back to Anse Casse Bois - (Guadeloupe)

Meet Sharpe.
Follow Sharpe to Lighthouse.

Return to beach.

Meet Lt. Bush rejoin Hotspur.

Sail to Bridgetown. [SEE AT BRIDGETOWN - below]

Choice 2 (land battle)
Join Harper and Cooper and return to the Plantation [TRAP]

Join the battle.

After battle go to Plantation house to change back into uniform.

Go back to Captain Murray on battle field.
Talk to him.
Talk to Sharpe.

Go to next valley.

Meet Harper.

Go to next valley.

Go to Lighthouse beach [TRAP]

Go back to last valley.

Go back to shore.
Meet Lt. Bush and rejoin the Hotspur

Sail to Bridgetown.
Can you also enable error logging as per this post

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879 --> item #5

then play the part of the story again - when it fails exit the game and go to your Pirates of the Caribbean folder - find the System - Compile - and Error logs & post the files here as attachments.

:cheers

1) Can you check that the file Shore04_l.gm is in the folder Resource / models / locations / Outside / Shore_4

the file should be dated 8-3-2010 size 10kb.

There should NOT be a folder called Resource / models / Locations / Shore_4

2) Where are you in the story? ( bits in spoiler are from the walkthrough )

Are you at -> Quest Book Header My First Ship ->

You will be told by an officer to take station as the captains boat is coming along side (auto)
The captain will give orders to prepare for sea.
You will take charge of the helmsman.
Go see him and talk to him – auto go-to-sea on completion.

Sail to Guadeloupe – (Anse Casse Bois)
Land on beach with Simpson and Clayton where you will meet Lt. Buckland.
He tells you, you are late. An argument with Simpson ensues. Clayton is killed. (auto)
Lt. Buckland returns and sends you back to the ship with orders to sail to Kingston in Jamaica.
Sail to Kingston. Go to port.
OR are you at -> Quest Book Header Loyalty ->

(on Guadeloupe )

Leave church.
CHOICES:
Choice 1 (sea route)
Join Teresa ship and sail back to Anse Casse Bois - (Guadeloupe)

Meet Sharpe.
Follow Sharpe to Lighthouse.

Return to beach.

Meet Lt. Bush rejoin Hotspur.

Sail to Bridgetown. [SEE AT BRIDGETOWN - below]

Choice 2 (land battle)
Join Harper and Cooper and return to the Plantation [TRAP]

Join the battle.

After battle go to Plantation house to change back into uniform.

Go back to Captain Murray on battle field.
Talk to him.
Talk to Sharpe.

Go to next valley.

Meet Harper.

Go to next valley.

Go to Lighthouse beach [TRAP]

Go back to last valley.

Go back to shore.
Meet Lt. Bush and rejoin the Hotspur

Sail to Bridgetown.
Can you also enable error logging as per this post

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879 --> item #5

then play the part of the story again - when it fails exit the game and go to your Pirates of the Caribbean folder - find the System - Compile - and Error logs & post the files here as attachments.

oh, i never talked with helmsman, i taught i should yus6t switch to sea, ill try that first, thanks

PS:finaly managed to activate my membership, my computer date was set to 2006, so that was creating feedback loop with hotmail.

update, that was it, yes, but now there is a second problem, at Kingston i just get another ship but nobody waits for me on the jetty, no quest book update.

debugging report here

error

RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range
RUNTIME ERROR - file: utils.c; line: 2292
Invalid range

compile

** Whr: CreateWeatherEnvironment - iCurWeatherhour = 1, theHour = 1
ItemLogic: On load location REDMOND_PORT
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ItemLogic: Loaded model ammo\\bladeC12
Actor error: character <Blaze> now is not actor, his have type <player>
Template <follow> -> path not found chr.id = Captain Keene
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 0
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 1
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 2
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 3
LandInterface DoSetFlags: 4
SETTING MUSIC: music_eng_town

Looks like Captain Keene is not on jetty. :shock

Try sailing to Kingston again - when you arrive on jetty Captain Keene should be there & talk to you - says you are to go to HMS Indefatigable under Capt Pellew - you should then be automatically transported to the ships deck & speak and fight with Simpson.

If you are unsure what to do next check the Walkthrough here --> http://piratewiki.net/index.php/Hornblower_Quests

P.S. You have to read the dialogs carefully in this story - otherwise you will miss things and get stuck ;)

Welcome to the forum :drunk

Looks like Captain Keene is not on jetty. :shock

Try sailing to Kingston again - when you arrive on jetty Captain Keene should be there & talk to you - says you are to go to HMS Indefatigable under Capt Pellew - you should then be automatically transported to the ships deck & speak and fight with Simpson.

If you are unsure what to do next check the Walkthrough here --> http://piratewiki.net/index.php/Hornblower_Quests

P.S. You have to read the dialogs carefully in this story - otherwise you will miss things and get stuck ;)

Welcome to the forum :drunk

thanks, i tried sailing there again, no results, Captain Keene is still not on the jetty, only me and Simpson

Back