• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Ship begin official campaign

Another one. I was beginning a new game off the original game, the New Horizons campaign and I changed my character and my ship, The lugger Victory in the Dauntless but if I start the campaign I can't walk after Malcolm talked to me and says I must equip my stuff. Can't you changed the ship or something?

I though I tested quite a few starting ships and that DID work.
Exactly what starting settings did you use? I'd have to check to see what is going on. :facepalm

I've changed almost everything, I used the name Valerie and this model: Model: - 33_TG5D

For the ship I choose the Dauntless and I call it Hudgens.

If i'm not mistaken I changed the game style to corsair and the difficulty and the flags too and the name of my profile but when I start it Malcolm will walk up and talks but after that I can't walk and if I said to go to the shore I can't walk on the shore either

Methinks someone else had a similar problem, and I believe it is caused by the cabin and deck assigned that ship being different from the ones that are assigned to Malcolm. The game was never designed so one could start off with a 1st rate ship.

Problem confirmed. I'll have to look into that some time. It IS intended to work.

This was a problem back then during my first couple of weeks here in PA.

And the only solution I've found, which I've mentioned back then, is:
  • Don't proceed with the tutorial with Malcolm. Just shoo him away. Hehehe. :D

It doesn't work, if I say to Malcolm to go away I'll transported to the shore and I can't move there so it doesn't matter what I say to Malcolm, the game is always stuck if I start with a large ship with a other cabin that the usual Heavy Lugger Victory...

I'm telling you, it works. I just tried it again with your preferred ship: 1st Class Dauntless. You didn't experiment it a lot. See, you have to listen to the storm thing first. After that, when it comes to the tutorial thingy, skip that by choosing this line: seadogs2_0000.jpg
Then, Malcolm will brief you about the things you'll have to do: seadogs2_0001.jpg Continue 'till he'll leave: seadogs2_0002.jpg
- and then, you can freely move and do whatever you want now. :onya

Yeah I works indeed but you must know how to do it, if you skip the storm dialogue you can't move at all. So this bug is fixed or is it supposed to happen that you always can move around?

It ain't fixed yet, that's just a temporary solution until "you can always move around" now as you say it.

Definitely not yet fixed as I was able to confirm it. I'll have to check it properly in a month or so.

So we could fix this by just removing some Dialog Options or do we wanna fix this right?

The only ones complaining are those who cheat before they even start the game, which defeats the purpose of actually playing the game. Leave it alone and let the cheaters suffer. :rumgone

Personally, I'd quite like to have it fixed properly. Can't be a BIG bug anyway. The code WAS written to work on ALL ships.

Ok, I will take a look at this soon

I wanted to get this fixed but I wont gonna make it. Maybe @Pieter Boelen could take a look or tell me where you changed things last so I have a starting point maybe then Ill could fix it tomorrow if nothing else pops up.

No time to look at it myself. It must be related to the following files:
Standard StartStoryline.c
Standard both_reaction.c
Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c

That is where just about all the tutorial stuff is coded.

I did make some changes to "being stuck in your cabin" not too long ago, so this one might actually be fixed already.

I did make some changes to "being stuck in your cabin" not too long ago, so this one might actually be fixed already.

Yes it is I was just looking at it to check because I remembered being stuck at that point whilst doing the American tutorial (which you fixed). Tried a few big ships with different cabins - all OK

Back