• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship era list?

BlazeHazell

Landlubber
Hi guys, longtime lurker here.
First and foremost I'd like to thank all the dev team for such an astounding mod, far better as a mod and voluntary project than 95% of the games I have ever played.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a ship list showing the era they are available in/stats. I faintly remember seeing a .XML with this info attached a while back. If not is there any way to access the number of ships/types in the .txt files?
Thank you for your time.

:ahoymate!

Good question. @Armada made a ships list some time back. I used to have it but can't find it now. Someone started a ships list in the Wiki in 2012 but it is no where near finished.

The only place I can think of to look now is in POTC--->program--->ships--->ShipsIninit.c. It opens with notepad and it has all the stats for all the ships in POTC listed.

For example here is the Polacca. It shows class, cannons, crew size, time periods, nations, and performance.
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Polacca by De Zeeroovers
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 076> (WBT4)
//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
makeref(refShip,ShipsTypes[n]);
n++;
refShip.Name = "Polacca";
refShip.SName = "Polacca";
refShip.id = refShip.Name;
refShip.Class = 6;
refShip.Weight = Tonnes2CWT(400);
refShip.Capacity = 1850;
refShip.Cannon = CANNON_TYPE_LONG_LBS6;
refShip.MaxCaliber = 6;

refShip.CannonsQuantity = 14;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonf.qty = 0;
refShip.Cannons.Borts.cannonb.qty = 0;

refShip.MaxCrew = 65;
refShip.MinCrew = 12;

refShip.Price = 26000;
refShip.HP = 1250;
refShip.SP = 200;
refShip.Jetty = false; // PB

refShip.BigPicTexName = "SHIPS1"; // Armada
// KK -->
refShip.BI.Tex = 10;
refShip.BI.Pic = 2;
refShip.QDeck = "ShipDeck5";
refShip.CannonsDeck = 1;
refShip.CargoHold = 1;
refShip.Cabin = "Cabin_medium";
refShip.Flags.Mast0.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast1.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
refShip.Flags.Mast2.Flag1 = FLAG_ENSIGN;
refShip.Flags.Mast3.Flag1 = FLAG_PENNANT;
// <-- KK

//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.8; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.9; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.6; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.0; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.0; //
refShip.france = 0.5; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.5; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.5; //
refShip.america = 0.0; //

refShip.CannonsDeck = 1;
refShip.CargoHold = 1;

refShip.Model = "Polacca"; // KK
refShip.Type.Trade = true;
refShip.Type.War = false;
refShip.CanBuy = true;
refShip.CanEncounter = true;

refship.WaterLine = -0.7;
refship.SpeedDependWeight = 0.35;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.8;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.35;

refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a2 = 1;
refShip.GeraldSails.rey_a3 = 1;

if(iRealismMode>0 || REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA){
refShip.SpeedRate = 9.5;
refShip.TurnRate = 65;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 4; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 0.4;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 1.9; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 0.5;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 2.5; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 2.0;
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate = 12.8;
refShip.TurnRate = 38;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationX = 0.2; refShip.InertiaBrakingX = 1.0;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationY = 8; refShip.InertiaBrakingY = 6;
refShip.InertiaAccelerationZ = 5.0; refShip.InertiaBrakingZ = 4.0;

}

refShip.RigType = "Lug";

// Review: Vessel configured as:
// high seas cruiser, medium draft V-hull, moderate turn circle (WBT4)
// <SWS - Willemstad Builders' Trials Winter 09 S/N 076> is henceforth complete
// on this day and date Dec 31 2009, 2307h

Hi Hylie, Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Yeah,I did find the ships C file, however I was looking for a reference esque type of document and was hoping I wouldn't have to manually copy/paste names and values. I think part of me realised it probably wouldn't be that simple!

The reason I asked was that I'm thoroughly enjoying a Jack Aubrey storyline (whilst reading the books!) Yet I cannot seem to find as many Merchant/Trader class of vessels in this era of sail. The majority of traders are of the Fast Merchantman breed and whilst the model and textures are stunning on that particular vessel I seemed to have amassed an army of the poor vessels now! Presumably I can just modify the period settings for the previous era's trading vessels in the ships .C file?

Thanks again!

Ah yes, the late periods have been completely militarized and the fastmerchantman is the only civilian ship in those periods. The late periods are very impoverished as to ship types and if you want more variety the best suggestion is to just play an earlier time period storyline.

Would you believe there was some resistance to even having the fastmerchantman in the game?

But my flush decks..... o_O
Regardless, I have some spare time so I'm going to start attempting that list, thankfully extensive Mount and blade modding has taught me how to write batch files.
Thank you for your help.

If you got the list please let me know. I might include it as an ingame book then ;).

If you want to add early period merchantmen to the late periods it is easily done in ShipsInit.c in the periods section.

The wargalleons would be your best choice.

Easiest for a proper list is to ENABLE_CHEATMODE and then use the Select Storyline interface to see all the available ships.
Those are period-correct and also allow filtering on type, nation and tier.

Hi guys, longtime lurker here.
First and foremost I'd like to thank all the dev team for such an astounding mod, far better as a mod and voluntary project than 95% of the games I have ever played.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a ship list showing the era they are available in/stats. I faintly remember seeing a .XML with this info attached a while back. If not is there any way to access the number of ships/types in the .txt files?
Thank you for your time.

I made some time ago a list of the ships that are on the standard storyline. If you want to check it out here you have, it's an excel document very detailed, i hope you find it useful :)

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ships-stats-on-the-campaign-of-tales-of-a-sea-hawk.21983/

Back